Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thyroid removal op - Medicare??

Thyroid removal op - Medicare??

Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:54 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thyroid removal op - Medicare??

Just a quick update

Endo has just phoned with my results from the Biopsy and I was given the ALL CLEAR!!

Over the moon to say the least.

I have however made the decision to have the thyroid removed given the size etc of it and its growth rate. For those interested I will go on a waiting list for this and all that I will have to pay for is the initial consultation with the Thyroid Surgeon. Not sure how long the wait will be though but I'm much happier knowing that this horrible thing will be out of me at some stage!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Just a quick update

Endo has just phoned with my results from the Biopsy and I was given the ALL CLEAR!!

Over the moon to say the least.

I have however made the decision to have the thyroid removed given the size etc of it and its growth rate. For those interested I will go on a waiting list for this and all that I will have to pay for is the initial consultation with the Thyroid Surgeon. Not sure how long the wait will be though but I'm much happier knowing that this horrible thing will be out of me at some stage!

That's good news, really glad it's all OK.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:05 am

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
That's good news, really glad it's all OK.
Thanks ever so much. Hope they get your dose sorted out when you get your bloods done next. I have to admit to having a MUCH better level of care in Oz than I ever received in the UK - I hope your experience is the same
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ever so much. Hope they get your dose sorted out when you get your bloods done next. I have to admit to having a MUCH better level of care in Oz than I ever received in the UK - I hope your experience is the same

Me too. Trouble with me is that I hate doctors and especially hate blood tests (I have no veins ) But I'm going to go and get it out of the way.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Wendy
Me too. Trouble with me is that I hate doctors and especially hate blood tests (I have no veins ) But I'm going to go and get it out of the way.
The waiting is the worst part, so like you say its better to go and get it out of the way! Every time I go to get my bloods done I tell them that the other arm is better but they never take my word for it and continue with the flat vein arm! They then have to say 'oh yes it is a bit bad isnt it' and change arms!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The waiting is the worst part, so like you say its better to go and get it out of the way! Every time I go to get my bloods done I tell them that the other arm is better but they never take my word for it and continue with the flat vein arm! They then have to say 'oh yes it is a bit bad isnt it' and change arms!

Yes, I always get that as well. Only difference is that both mine are bad

I once had it taken from the back of my hand, it swelled to twice it's normal size, I nearly passed out it was that painful!
Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:38 am

Just a quick update!

My big fat thyroid gland is to be removed on 30th October!! :scared:

We've opted to go private rather than wait the 6 months but for those of you interested we would have gotten it free on the public system. Patience unfortunately isnt my virtue though and I know that if I had to wait 6 months I would have changed my mind about the op at least 100 times!

Its coming out and I'll be glad to see the back of it
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Its coming out and I'll be glad to see the back of it
Good luck to you, babe... will be thinking of you. I hope the future is brighter for you when it's out.

xxx
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by iPom
Good luck to you, babe... will be thinking of you. I hope the future is brighter for you when it's out.

xxx

Thanks mate - if nothing else it'll take away a 'variable' as to the reason I feel the way I do a lot of the time. It doesnt stop me getting on with life but its always in the back ground if you know what I mean. Give me just one day when my body runs on slow - please!!!!

Picture this - the length of my lobes are 11.5cm & 8cm - where the hell do they fit in??!! :scared:

Hope your thyroid is treating you well?
Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks mate - if nothing else it'll take away a 'variable' as to the reason I feel the way I do a lot of the time. It doesnt stop me getting on with life but its always in the back ground if you know what I mean. Give me just one day when my body runs on slow - please!!!!

Picture this - the length of my lobes are 11.5cm & 8cm - where the hell do they fit in??!! :scared:

Hope your thyroid is treating you well?
Oh to be a bit faster, is all I can say!!!

It's not too bad - going to check out Armour (T3) to see if it helps a bit more. Doing fine but just a few niggly bits.

Bloody impressive lobes darlin'!

(I bet you don't hear that everyday!!!)

Old Oct 18th 2006, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by iPom
Oh to be a bit faster, is all I can say!!!

It's not too bad - going to check out Armour (T3) to see if it helps a bit more. Doing fine but just a few niggly bits.

Bloody impressive lobes darlin'!

(I bet you don't hear that everyday!!!)

So have you found an Endo who will 'listen' to you and try new things?

My Endo in Castle Hill seems to be ok - I'll see how we go when I get on the meds after the op though.

I've NEVER been told I've got impressive lobes - be sorry to lose em now!

Good luck with Armour - let me know how you get on
Old Oct 18th 2006, 1:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry hon, only just seen this and haven't seen you on MSN recently but I guess school holidays have got in the way of life

Hope it goes well, and you get back to normal (whatever the hell that is) as soon as possible.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your op.
I had to chuckle at your conversation about the bloods as that is my job.
I won't go into the boring reasons as to why we totally ignore you when you tell us that it is a good one in the other arm.
Hand veins aren't nice to have done or to do, but next time they pull that needle out of your hand or arm and say 'press here' press really well until the clot has formed and with a bit of luck, your hand won't blow up, as it has continued to bleed inside without a good amount of pressure.

Whisky
Old Oct 31st 2006, 4:54 am

Well!

I NO LONGER HAVE A THYROID!!

I was doubting whether I should get it done right up until the last minute but after the op the surgeon said I had no choice. It was VERY big and there was very little room in there. The Op took 3 hours rather than the normal 1 1/2 and she described it as 'interesting'! Thats not the way I'd have described it when I woke from the surgery - we wont go there though :scared:

Thanks for all your best wishes
Old Oct 31st 2006, 4:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well!

I NO LONGER HAVE A THYROID!!

I was doubting whether I should get it done right up until the last minute but after the op the surgeon said I had no choice. It was VERY big and there was very little room in there. The Op took 3 hours rather than the normal 1 1/2 and she described it as 'interesting'! Thats not the way I'd have described it when I woke from the surgery - we wont go there though :scared:

Thanks for all your best wishes
God, how much more sympathy do you want Thought you might complain if I didn't put something on here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.