thumb sucking

Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whilst child minding a girlfriends daughter many years ago, I stated that a nearly seven years old that she shouldn't need to suck her thumb! and that she definetely shouldn't be sucking on a comforter (dummy). Now that i made such a profound statement how do u back it up??
Like a fool I promised that by the time she returned home at midnight Sarah her daughter would never suck her thumb or a doodee again. Well having coaxed her into bed promising that the fairies would take her dummy to fairy land and replace it with a shiny pound coin, I settled down to watch a film.
Christ if you could have heard the commotion from her bedroom? Believe me the Exorcist has nothing on her. It got so bad that i ended up shouting and bawling at her, and her me!!!! It wasn't till i said the magic sentence that I realized i had hit the right chord. " and if you dont stop sucking your thumb i will tell your teacher, I'm sure she will let all your classmates know"
Silence, pure bliss, not a mumour and best of all no more thumb in gob!!! Ever. not saying this will work but it did for me.
Good luck to all that are trying.
Regards Chris and Andrea
Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon it's a sad old world for babies these days -

competition all the time -

who's walks the earliest - and then the parents complain that their child is " into everything ",

who's talks the earliest ( and when there're jabbering away, some mums wish they'd shut up ),

who can get away with breast feeding theirs for the shortest amount of time ( or not at all - " its so time consuming you know" - yeah, right, especially when you have sod all else to do all day ), and so on and so on.

Let kids be kids, they won't be sucking their thumbs, rubbing their silky's or clinging onto their comfort blankets when they go for their first job interviews ( hopefully! ),

So whats the problem?

I reckon it's more about conforming to " The so-called norm " , than saying "SOD OFF, MY CHILD DOESN'T HAVE THE PROBLEM - you do! "

RELAX!!!!