British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Thread Killers Anonymous (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/thread-killers-anonymous-295385/)

yvsie Apr 10th 2005 12:02 am

Re: Thread Killers Anonymous

Now look here you lot...................... ;)
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII am the master thread killer extraordinaire I will have you know...... :p
Off to count up my stats....how do you do it???? :rolleyes:

ProofReader Apr 10th 2005 12:06 am

Re: Thread Killers Anonymous........it's me!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I thankyou

Now THERE'S a thread killer, if ever I saw one! :eek: The nic is enough to put anyone of taking the dic seriously!!!

ProofReader Apr 10th 2005 12:47 am

Well, I reckon I've killed off at least a half a dozen tonight with 'crap' replies. Let's see the difference between trying to help out with genuine, informed replies versus the crap I've been out and about with tonight! :rolleyes:

yvsie Apr 10th 2005 12:52 am

nooooooooooooooooo you havent killed this one...its always meeeeeeeeeeeee :p

ProofReader Apr 10th 2005 1:13 am

Originally Posted by yvsie
nooooooooooooooooo you havent killed this one...its always meeeeeeeeeeeee :p

Bah humbug ... I can never get anything right :rolleyes:

yvsie Apr 10th 2005 1:39 am

good try proof reader!!!!! :p

every body else bored with this??????????????????

JackTheLad Apr 10th 2005 1:41 am

good try proof reader!!!!! :p

every body else bored with this??????????????????

No, its just no-one has said anything profound for a while.

Oh, I see your plan now, get us all bored, so we fall asleep.

Ha, no chance, I'm wide awake :eek:

Cheers,
JTL

yvsie Apr 10th 2005 1:42 am

:mad: :mad:

go to bed....its 11:45 at yours...must be night night time :p

JackTheLad Apr 10th 2005 1:49 am

:mad: :mad:

go to bed....its 11:45 at yours...must be night night time :p

Yes, but I've only been awake for 11 hours 45 as well !! Recovering from saturday night you understand, slept until midday today. No work tomorrow. I could be here all night :p

Cheers,
JTL

kirsty&al Apr 10th 2005 1:52 am

Until a few days ago I thought I was a professional thread killer with a 25% hit ratio. Then hevs weighed in with a 55% hit ratio. It appears that I was but an amateur. :p

On a similar subject I put up a Friday Funny a few weeks ago (Questions about Australia), the following week I put up another (Why we love children), the next week 2 separate posters posted them again – I was having double déjà vu! I wouldn’t mind, but they got more replies than me (probably got more karma too). :(

Cheers
Alistair (reformed thread killer) :)

JackTheLad Apr 10th 2005 2:04 am

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Until a few days ago I thought I was a professional thread killer with a 25% hit ratio. Then hevs weighed in with a 55% hit ratio. It appears that I was but an amateur. :p

On a similar subject I put up a Friday Funny a few weeks ago (Questions about Australia), the following week I put up another (Why we love children), the next week 2 separate posters posted them again – I was having double déjà vu! I wouldn’t mind, but they got more replies than me (probably got more karma too). :(

Cheers

I'm starting to feel not so bad, I think I've got about a 20% kill ratio. I remember those funnies being posted twice., they were funny the first time. ;)

Oh! do you see what I've done! :D Another sad trick I used to try, I'd rate a thread as excellent (5 stars beside the thread), after I'd posted and got no response for a few hours, in the hope people would think, 'hmm, I must read and respond to this excellent 5 star thread' !

So if you ever wonder who's killed off the most 'excellent' threads, that would be me!

Cheers,
JTL

kirsty&al Apr 10th 2005 2:17 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I'm starting to feel not so bad, I think I've got about a 20% kill ratio. I remember those funnies being posted twice., they were funny the first time. ;)

Oh! do you see what I've done! :D Another sad trick I used to try, I'd rate a thread as excellent (5 stars beside the thread), after I'd posted and got no response for a few hours, in the hope people would think, 'hmm, I must read and respond to this excellent 5 star thread' !

So if you ever wonder who's killed off the most 'excellent' threads, that would be me!

Cheers,
JTL

That's conned me into a few in the past (the 5-star thingy). :o

I just checked, and my kill ratio has gone up to 35% without even trying. :cool: Answering tax questions seems to be effective, especially when you give people the news they don't want to hear: "There are no tax dodges in Oz - it's not like the UK" :rolleyes:

Cheers
Al.

Merlot Apr 10th 2005 2:23 am

Cheers

That blows the ego some what, I must send you some Karma mate!

M :)

kirsty&al Apr 10th 2005 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Merlot
That blows the ego some what, I must send you some Karma mate!

M :)

It does a bit - but you get over it. :)

Here’s one of my all time favourite funny stories (myths).

------------------------
From a transcript of a radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations on 10 Oct 1995, between a US Navy vessel and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland:

Americans: "Please divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid a collision."

Canadians: "Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision."

Americans: "This is the captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course."

Canadians: "No, I say again, divert YOUR course."

Americans: "This is the aircraft carrier USS Missouri. We are a large warship of the US Navy. DIVERT YOUR COURSE *NOW*."

Canadians: "We are a lighthouse. Your call."
------------------------

Cheers
Alistair :D

sme Apr 10th 2005 6:40 pm

That's conned me into a few in the past (the 5-star thingy). :o

I just checked, and my kill ratio has gone up to 35% without even trying. :cool: Answering tax questions seems to be effective, especially when you give people the news they don't want to hear: "There are no tax dodges in Oz - it's not like the UK" :rolleyes:

Cheers
Al.

Star business did it for me too...so I voted on this one :D
Just discovered I've put 14/108 out of their misery. But I would like to point out that none of them felt a thing and it was peaceful at the end ;)
Gillian