British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Thread Killers Anonymous (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/thread-killers-anonymous-295385/)

JackTheLad Apr 9th 2005 9:59 am

Thread Killers Anonymous

Hi, My name is JackTheLad, and I kill threads. I've been killing threads since May 2004.

I never intended to start killing threads, it just somehow happened. I would post things that I thought were informative, sometimes even funny, but nobody would respond. Or if there was a response it wasn't to me.

I knew I had a problem when I started responding to my own posts in the hope that keeping them on the first page would make others read them and reply. But this only made the problem worse, there are dead threads where I have written the last 3 posts to myself :o

Thankfully I have recognised my problem. I am determined to confront it before I descend any furthur into the abyss. I thankfully never got so low as to offer Karma just to get people to respond. I am grateful I am able to face my problem without descending to that level.

If you are a thread killer, or know someone who is, please respond or get them to respond, I'll send you Karma!

Oh damn :(

JTL

Grayling Apr 9th 2005 10:01 am

Re: Thread Killers Anonymous

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

If you are a thread killer, or know someone who is, please respond or get them to respond, I'll send you Karma!

You did say Karma didn't you?

G

Deadmeat Apr 9th 2005 10:01 am

Hi, My name is JackTheLad, and I kill threads. I've been killing threads since May 2004.

I never intended to start killing threads, it just somehow happened. I would post things that I thought were informative, sometimes even funny, but nobody would respond. Or if there was a response it wasn't to me.

I knew I had a problem when I started responding to my own posts in the hope that keeping them on the first page would make others read them and reply. But this only made the problem worse, there are dead threads where I have written the last 3 posts to myself :o

Thankfully I have recognised my problem. I am determined to confront it before I descend any furthur into the abyss. I thankfully never got so low as to offer Karma just to get people to respond. I am grateful I am able to face my problem without descending to that level.

JTL

Thread closed.

chocaholic Apr 9th 2005 10:05 am

JTL

I'm sorry.....I just couldn't help laughing...............

pandya_m Apr 9th 2005 10:05 am

JTL

Hey those two crowns are for killing all threads???
They let me be the thread killer enough of those tinkling starrs... I want a crown :D

Nice Guy Apr 9th 2005 10:09 am

I win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My final comment on this matter..........

I thankyou

MrsDagboy Apr 9th 2005 10:13 am

And I thought that it would have been poetic justice if no one had answered - damn :D .

JackTheLad Apr 9th 2005 10:49 am

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
And I thought that it would have been poetic justice if no one had answered - damn :D .

I was kind of hoping that would happen. Then I could get full blown paranoia :scared:

Cheers,
JTL

Bix Apr 9th 2005 10:56 am

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy

Answered what ?

fraser Apr 9th 2005 11:35 am

JTL

Karma sent
:D

JackTheLad Apr 9th 2005 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
Karma sent
:D

I think I've given Karma back to everyone except Deadmeant Grayling and Mrs D, cos it says I need to spread it around a bit more before I can give to you again.

In Deadmeats case thats really odd, cos I don't think I've ever given him Karma (actually from his stats it doesn't look like he's ever had Karma! :p ) Maybe he is on global Karma ignore.

When I've spread it around a bit (oohh errr missus) I'll get back to you guys.

Cheers,
JTL

Merlot Apr 9th 2005 2:07 pm

Pmsl :d :d

Grayling Apr 9th 2005 2:23 pm

I think I've given Karma back to everyone except Deadmeant Grayling and Mrs D, cos it says I need to spread it around a bit more before I can give to you again.

In Deadmeats case thats really odd, cos I don't think I've ever given him Karma (actually from his stats it doesn't look like he's ever had Karma! :p ) Maybe he is on global Karma ignore.

When I've spread it around a bit (oohh errr missus) I'll get back to you guys.

Cheers,
JTL

Just sent you some for an amusing thread.

G

sme Apr 9th 2005 2:36 pm

JTL

Hello *stands up*...my name's Gillian and I'm a thread killer !....*slumps back into chair tearful but with a sense of relief*
:) :) :)

JackTheLad Apr 9th 2005 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by sme
Hello *stands up*...my name's Gillian and I'm a thread killer !....*slumps back into chair tearful but with a sense of relief*
:) :) :)

Finally! Another member. There were loads last week, they've all gone quite shy now.

I know who you all are :mad:

Stand up now. oh they're probably in bed... right well stand up tomorrow morning and expose yourselves... no hang on, that didn't come out right either. :o

Come on people, we can easily do the research and see the threads you've killed. You'll feel better for admitting it first.

Cheers,
JTL