Reload this Page >

A Thread about guilt !

A Thread about guilt !

Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A Thread about guilt !

Originally Posted by David and Lynsey
Yes I/we are still on (Lynsey has fallen asleep) I have just come off backshift.

I think guilt is something that we as parents will have to come to terms with( for the greater good)
TRUE! now get some shuteye before tomorrows great World Cup day.

I've just foned Fiona (opening poster) and had a good chat.
Good thing is...when you're over here - you can just fone other BE's up - for a chat.

Catch up with you again - i need to get dressed :scared:
Still in PJ's at 11.45am on a saturday morning - now that's something i never could have done in the Uk!

L-j
Old Jun 9th 2006, 1:50 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do your parents honestly think you being there will save your bro's marriage? do they think that out of all the people he can turn to to support him during and after the break-up YOU are the only one who can truly comfort him?

Its obviously a berievement to them with you going and the often thing thrown up is the parents saying what if they die - you wont be there.

well... my dad parents died whilst we were all on holiday, out the country so we werent there

and my MIL has a terminal brain illness where she could die in 5 minutes or 5 years - we just cant put our lives on hold.

You have to say your priority is YOUR family, you love your parents dearly its clear but that is not a reason to leave your lovely life and accept something back in the UK you dont want - just for them to be happy.

I'm sorry for you they feel this way - its VERY unfair to guilt load you like this.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:03 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandmom
Do your parents honestly think you being there will save your bro's marriage? do they think that out of all the people he can turn to to support him during and after the break-up YOU are the only one who can truly comfort him?

Its obviously a berievement to them with you going and the often thing thrown up is the parents saying what if they die - you wont be there.

well... my dad parents died whilst we were all on holiday, out the country so we werent there

and my MIL has a terminal brain illness where she could die in 5 minutes or 5 years - we just cant put our lives on hold.

You have to say your priority is YOUR family, you love your parents dearly its clear but that is not a reason to leave your lovely life and accept something back in the UK you dont want - just for them to be happy.

I'm sorry for you they feel this way - its VERY unfair to guilt load you like this.
Thanks everyone for your lovely messages and support, you're all a good bunch

p.s LJ, have you still not got dressed yet !!!!
thanks for phoning, nice hearing a friendly voice on the other end of a phone as well