Reload this Page >

thousand and one questions

Wikiposts

thousand and one questions

Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

stef will become famous soon enough
Unhappy thousand and one questions

How scary is it!! we re hoping to be out next year. We re both finding it daunting - none of us have jobs to go to. We got our visa granted as hubbys parents emigrated when he was one yr old and so his formative years were there. They came back to Uk when he was 17 and he has nothing but happy memories of there. Originally we were all going, we have 3 kids but the eldest 23 met his fiancee and bought a house and now our 17 year old has dropped out. Our daughter who s 18 is still coming but i dont know how we going to find it without the other two. I keep consoling my self with 'kids leave home anyway and do what they want' but its so hard. Hoping to buy a new build somewhere in brisbane. Did go out there in june and look at some places - how do you decide where to buy. We want a plot with enough room for a pool and a garden. Feel like i have a thousand and one questions - does anyone else feel like that. stef
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:18 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thousand and one questions

Originally Posted by stef
How scary is it!! we re hoping to be out next year. We re both finding it daunting - none of us have jobs to go to. We got our visa granted as hubbys parents emigrated when he was one yr old and so his formative years were there. They came back to Uk when he was 17 and he has nothing but happy memories of there. Originally we were all going, we have 3 kids but the eldest 23 met his fiancee and bought a house and now our 17 year old has dropped out. Our daughter who s 18 is still coming but i dont know how we going to find it without the other two. I keep consoling my self with 'kids leave home anyway and do what they want' but its so hard. Hoping to buy a new build somewhere in brisbane. Did go out there in june and look at some places - how do you decide where to buy. We want a plot with enough room for a pool and a garden. Feel like i have a thousand and one questions - does anyone else feel like that. stef
Gday

Oz its a BLOCK not a PLOT, thats where your reserved parkin space is for the afterlife

You answered most of the questions you asked, so please ask more

Steve
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

cheers steve, sorry havent quite got the hang of the lingo have i. BLOCK of land - right goddit. I see youre from brissy any advice of wheres nice to live. I know its an open ended question but we want nice surrounding and maybe only half hr drive to the sea.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:27 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

cheers steve, sorry havent quite got the hang of the lingo have i. BLOCK of land - right goddit. I see youre from brissy any advice of wheres nice to live. I know its an open ended question but we want nice surrounding and maybe only half hr drive to the sea.
Nearly anywhere in Brizzy is 1/2 hr drive to sea.

I drove from southside to capalaba in 35 mins this mornin in heavy traffic, and with gardner rd flooded !

Theres lots of factors to consider.

1. cost and affordability
2. buy or rent
3. self build or lord it
4. off the shelf house, n land package or bespoke.
5. commuting distance
etc etc etc

steve
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the site Stef.

Don't worry, your concerns are normal. Everyone worries about the move and the impact it'll have on your new life. We're already here, and we left a son in UK so I know what you are going through. It's not easy....but it is do-able and everyone has a cross to bear when moving here.

Can't advise re where to move as it's so personal but given you want a short ride to the sea, it seems Gold or Sunshine coast areas are what you're after.

Keep strong cos it's all worth it. It isn't utopia and life goes on as normal...but for most people it works out great. It's a fantastic country!

Good luck!
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

We were hoping to build with plantation homes and we find our own block of land. We liked oxenford and coomera but land prices seemed abit more expensive round there. varsity lakes was ok as well. We only had just 3 wks for looking around whilst we were there in june so dont know too much. Its trying to band together jobs and house.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:47 pm
Banned

We were hoping to build with plantation homes and we find our own block of land. We liked oxenford and coomera but land prices seemed abit more expensive round there. varsity lakes was ok as well. We only had just 3 wks for looking around whilst we were there in june so dont know too much. Its trying to band together jobs and house.
Have a look at Ommaney i think it is, just up rd, and possibly cheaper than Varsity and coomera

We are developing a land bank site with every realtor we can find, so will post any news in the forthcoming weeks