Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on Quantas

Thoughts on Quantas

Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thoughts on Quantas

Can anyone give me opinions on flying with Quantas. We're flying with them on 1st Sept
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:34 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thoughts on Quantas

Originally Posted by framac
Can anyone give me opinions on flying with Quantas. We're flying with them on 1st Sept

Hi

We had no problems with Qantas. Have flown with them both times that we've been to Oz. We asked if there was any chance of an upgrade last time on the way back from Brisbane and got one. Cracking seats with loads of room and all free of charge!!!

Good luck

Joex
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 8:06 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.airlinequality.com/Produc...gallery-QF.htm

Check out the photos of the seats etc there. Qantas codeshare with BA and BA will often run the London leg. You can check if its a code share flight and if it is then you will be flying BA.

I've only ever flown with them via Japan to Oz route and always found them to be as good as anyone else.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Qantas (no U) are fine. Much better than BA. Staff are friendly and planes are modern.
I've flown to OZ twice with them and I was happy enough
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:05 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I just had the offer of free flights to Brisbane with Qantas....using some of my son's Frequent flier points.

I was on the phone for over an hour with the Qantas FF office but, unfortunately, we could not arrange anything suitable that fitted with the FF programme (not that many flights qualify). It was also close to the 'Ashes' which did not help.

My son flies Business class with them several times a year...in fact he is calling in to see us next week on his way to New York

He thinks they are fine but he travels Business class as his company pays. I have only used them for internal flights and they were OK.

Bear in mind that Qantas and BA code share so you could be on either companies' planes.

I eventually got my flights with SIA but had to pay

G
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Only ever had great service from them, and I've done half a doz Aus - UK flights with them now. EXceptionally good when I went home for a funeral last month - very attentive service
Do make sure you are on Qantas operated flights, not those where the planes and crew are BA.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:44 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

What put me off booking with them is the fact you might end up on a BA flight! And there is NO way I would want to be doing that!! Loads of bad personal experience with them and from reading threads on here many others had same crap time with them!!
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I always put them in a class with BA, if better.

I always ask to be upgraded when I fly because you always hear these 'stories' of everyman and his dog getting one. Never been upgraded yet... (!)
Old Jul 24th 2006, 12:25 am
Baz
BE Enthusiast

Baz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to allBaz is a name known to all

Great company, nice planes, mordern entertainment systems, friendly staff, and though i hate to say it better than BA (apart from the food.)
Old Jul 24th 2006, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

For those flying to Melbourne, BA no longer fly here so you are guaranteed a Qantas plane all the way here It is fairly easy to discover whether you will be on a BA or Qantas plane, if that matters to you When they flew to Melbourne, if the BA flight no. was 3 digits eg Ba317 then it was a Qantas plane. If the Qantas flight no. was 3 digits then it was a BA plane. Haven't looked at other locations in Oz though but you should be able to work it out
Old Jul 24th 2006, 6:37 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Its the only international airline in the world that has never had a fatal plane crash.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:34 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Thoughts on Quantas

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Its the only international airline in the world that has never had a fatal plane crash.
"I'm an excellent driver" "Who's on first base?"

(I am expecting several smileys, but a lot of you will know what I mean)

Buzzy
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:40 am
Just Joined

webnet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by framac
I think “Qantas” is the best airline in Australia
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:45 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Bit late to ask if you have already booked!!! IMO Qantas are much of a muchness with BA - service changes when flying Business or First as does most airlines. My one comment on them would be that if you are flying economy on an internal flight you do not get free alcohol!!!
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
I always put them in a class with BA, if better.

I always ask to be upgraded when I fly because you always hear these 'stories' of everyman and his dog getting one. Never been upgraded yet... (!)

Like wise we always ask but never get it, we even got my Sister to upgrade us to business class last year but it was full. We have always got exit row or bulkhead seats, I think the secret is just be nice to the booking staff.

I would put them streets ahead of BA at least they have modern planes. I flew BA back to the UK a couple of years ago and the plane was that old the last time it flew it had a full bomb load over Berlin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.