Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Those who sold most of their stuff...

Those who sold most of their stuff...

Old Mar 11th 2006, 2:36 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all
Default Those who sold most of their stuff...

What's the best way to get rid of it?

We managed to sell a lot of stuff with our house, but still have beds, TV, Sofa and small appliances etc to get rid of. I'm not overly fussed on e-bay, don't want to deliver any of the stuff to people (how would one send a TV anyway?! )

We will do a carboot for books, crockery etc

Just wondering what everyone else did? Obviously I'
mnot going to give it away for free but at the same time I don't really care if we don't get full money for it - convienience is more important to us!

Michelle
Old Mar 11th 2006, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those who sold most of their stuff...

Originally Posted by michellemac

We managed to sell a lot of stuff with our house, but still have beds, TV, Sofa and small appliances etc to get rid of. I'm not overly fussed on e-bay, don't want to deliver any of the stuff to people (how would one send a TV anyway?! )

mnot going to give it away for free but at the same time I don't really care if we don't get full money for it - convienience is more important to us!

Michelle

Get onto a house clearance company, they will make you an offer on almost everything and then take it all away. Anything left give to charity.

That's what we'll be doing anyhow.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WendyC
Get onto a house clearance company, they will make you an offer on almost everything and then take it all away. Anything left give to charity.
We're trying ad's in shop windows aswell then as a last resort the clearance company way. Good luck whatever you decide.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachelle
We're trying ad's in shop windows aswell then as a last resort the clearance company way. Good luck whatever you decide.

I sold most of our stuff on e-bay. Got some really good prices for some stuff.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I sold most of our stuff on e-bay. Got some really good prices for some stuff.
Ebay for most of it, local advertising, and then Freecycle, where you can advertise your stuff and people come and collect it from you. We've just got rid of a bed this morning.

http://www.freecycle.org/

Join a group near to you, announce what you want to give away and people answer and pick up the stuff for FREE ... There is no money changed hands with this system, but for stuff that's not worth selling it's fab.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

draper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nicedraper5 is just really nice

Michelle
You could put it on ebay, but state that it is collection only or they can arrange their own courier. We recently sold a pool table and the buyers arranged their own courier collection.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:10 pm
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of

Michelle
We sold a lot to the people who have bought our house and did a garden sale for the other stuff.Much easier than a car boot if your garden is big enough.We did it over two days,advertised outside the local schools and in shops .Also put some on ebay.Whatever is left we'll give to friends or to charity.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:36 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Michelle
Giving it all away, today gave TONS of stuff to friends, Playstation and Xbox games to the Local kids ward, and charity shops
Old Mar 11th 2006, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

We have just done a loft clearance (and havent even put app in yet!!!) we have two piles... one for ebay and one for carboot. every penny will count towards transporting other stuff over. when the time comes to sell the house we will include the larger items that are staying with the sale (hopefully).

Never sold on ebay only bought, so that should be interesting.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:07 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle
Most stuff on ebay (including bigger stuff with collection only - we've previously sold 2 cars and a chaise longue on ebay), good books on Amazon and if they don't sell they'll go to the car boot, same with unwanted CDs, car boot or garage sale (depending how much stuff left) for leftover books/cds/outgrown toys etc..., after that charity shops.

Louise
xx
Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

We have done several freezing cold car boot sales. Rang all the book shops, record shops and other second hand stores. Sold it at at the school fete and friends and family.

We are also leaving some of the stuff for the buyers so that should get rid of the rest. We hope lol

lace x
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future

Michelle
We sold most of our stuff on ebay, pick up only, the rest went at car boots, ads in local shops and papers didn't get round to a garage sale but I hear they are a good way of shifting stuff, Good Luck
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

sold 2 items for trail this week on ebay, one had to be posted, which I sent today on second class not knowing my husband promised the buyer first class. ,
second one was a corner desk, the buyer came today to pick it up, my husband said we are moving to australia and we will getting rid of the rest of the set, he said he would buy the lot when we ready, not bad hey. , we are selling almost everything on ebay, even our clothes which are too small, hopefully our cars too.
you'll be surprise the rubbish some people buy, they can have all mine.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
sold 2 items for trail this week on ebay, one had to be posted, which I sent today on second class not knowing my husband promised the buyer first class. ,
second one was a corner desk, the buyer came today to pick it up, my husband said we are moving to australia and we will getting rid of the rest of the set, he said he would buy the lot when we ready, not bad hey. , we are selling almost everything on ebay, even our clothes which are too small, hopefully our cars too.
you'll be surprise the rubbish some people buy, they can have all mine.
You are not allowed to sell second hand clothing on e-bay.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

You are not allowed to sell second hand clothing on e-bay.
yes you can cause, I have sold loads last year, mostly children, but now i will getting rid of my own and the hubby and of course children.
and almost everything on ebay is seconds, isnt it?
you can check it out for yourself, on ebay wendy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.