Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To those with websites.

To those with websites.

Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default To those with websites.

Sorry this is not Oz related.

Just wanted to know if anyone can point me in the direction of an html code which enables me to protect my personal photography and my wifes artwork on our webpage.

The sort of thing where when you right click on an image it doesn't let you copy it or save it to hard drive.

Cheers.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:29 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: To those with websites.

Here you go mate

http://www.hypergurl.com/norightclick.html

Cheers, hope this helps.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of

Cheers m8, just what i was looking for.

you're a star.

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Here you go mate

http://www.hypergurl.com/norightclick.html

Cheers, hope this helps.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:21 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

No problem, you'll have to post the link to your site later.

Rich
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:20 am
oneday someday

jas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by skyblue
Sorry this is not Oz related.

Just wanted to know if anyone can point me in the direction of an html code which enables me to protect my personal photography and my wifes artwork on our webpage.

The sort of thing where when you right click on an image it doesn't let you copy it or save it to hard drive.

Cheers.
Just so you know, this only stops the most newbie of image thieves, there are many many other ways to get at the photos if you really want to (disabling javascript, reading through the page source, grabbing the page source from telnet etc..) so dont rely on this script if you are aiming to sell the images or otherwise!
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:54 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jas_uk
Just so you know, this only stops the most newbie of image thieves, there are many many other ways to get at the photos if you really want to (disabling javascript, reading through the page source, grabbing the page source from telnet etc..) so dont rely on this script if you are aiming to sell the images or otherwise!
'print screen' and paste into MS Paint!
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

thanks, what do you suggest?

Originally Posted by jas_uk
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

If you really want to protect your photos, basically edit the photo and add some sort of text on the photo, e.g. (c) Copyrighted 2005 by SkyBlue
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:45 am
oneday someday

jas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the rough

There is no definite way to protect them if using for commercial use, short of making the pages in a restricted area (near impossible unless you have an 'active' server, i.e. asp or php etc) and then only allowing certain members access.

You can use flash, which will definitely stop the right click, however you can download the swf file and decompile it and get at the source images anyway (with a bit of deviousness!). As Paul said, you can always use the print screen key and paint/photoshop to crop to the picture you want. This can be disabled actually by using 'Advanced HTL Protector 3' which also obfuscates the page source so it isnt readily readable by humans; this can always be undone and no solution would be completely crack proof. Note that it doesnt say that it disables printscreen on that webpage but I'm told it does in my recent PC magazine. Also if you like it and buy (£16 for full version) by 30th June then u can get a 20% discount (woo £3.20) by using the code PR-AHP-0305 which is courtesy of PC Pro magazine! (no, im not affiliated with either of them).
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:46 am
oneday someday

Originally Posted by suzysu
If you really want to protect your photos, basically edit the photo and add some sort of text on the photo, e.g. (c) Copyrighted 2005 by SkyBlue
True but these can be easily removed 99% of the time using Photoshop if people really want to get your photos!
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:50 am
oneday someday

Originally Posted by Jim2004
'print screen' and paste into MS Paint!
Yes but this will resample the image to 72dpi, hence losing quality if the original was 300dpi and scaled on the website, for example.