Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For those planning to vote green...

For those planning to vote green...

Old Jul 25th 2010, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those planning to vote green...

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Because by and large the Australian electorate are stupid. In this country, in general, there is an apathy where politics are concerned.
Statements like that do you no credit.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
So would you agree that the Australian electorate, in general, are politically astute and have a good understanding of the policies of each political party?
Old Jul 25th 2010, 8:06 am
ABCDiamond

So would you agree that the Australian electorate, in general, are politically astute and have a good understanding of the policies of each political party?
As much as in many other countries, I reckon.

Can't trust any of them.

Old Jul 25th 2010, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
As much as in many other countries, I reckon.

Can't trust any of them.
Very diplomatic response but one that doesn't answer the question.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 8:32 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Why is that? He calls it correctly - most just tick the "let the party allocate my vote" box and offload any preference to the party stringpullers.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

"Because by and large the Australian electorate are stupid." is not the opposite of "are politically astute and have a good understanding of the policies of each political party?"

Last edited by fish.01; Jul 25th 2010 at 10:04 am.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 10:04 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

"Because by and large the Australian electorate are stupid."
...not if they vote liberal though.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Wol
Why is that? He calls it correctly - most just tick the "let the party allocate my vote" box and offload any preference to the party stringpullers.
are you in the box with them? do they do it more than other countries? how do you know this? are all people not interested in politics stupid? sounds like base nationalism talking.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

"Because by and large the Australian electorate are stupid." is not the opposite of "are politically astute and have a good understanding of the policies of each political party?"
Let me rephrase...

The Australian electorate are politically stupid.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Let me rephrase...

The Australian electorate are politically stupid.
add: "as any other group of people" and you have a deal

unless you're claiming the americans are political genius's and the british always get a great result and the french....
Old Jul 25th 2010, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

add: "as any other group of people" and you have a deal

unless you're claiming the americans are political genius's and the british always get a great result and the french....
We are not talking about Americans, British or the French. Obviously they also have their fair share of the stupid electorate.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

We are not talking about Americans, British or the French. Obviously they also have their fair share of the stupid electorate.
And I used to be one of them. Couldn't work out which was worse so in the end I'd just spoil my ballot paper. My work mates could never understand why I did this.

"but that's a wasted vote" they'd say.

I couldn't get them to understand it was my only way of protesting about the lack of truth in the polical system. None of the parties represented me on the things I held important. They are too busy pandering to the middle ground that suits nobody.

Keel