Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For those moving to Brisbane but don't know where

For those moving to Brisbane but don't know where

Old May 8th 2006, 8:25 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default For those moving to Brisbane but don't know where

I was in a book store today and saw a book called "Where to live in Greater Brisbane". It had descriptions of all the suburbs as well as statistical information. I know you can find out all this online, but I thought it was very useful to have it all in one place, where you can make notes etc.

There are probably similar books for all the capital cities.

Jane
Old May 8th 2006, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

emilov is on a distinguished road
Default Re: For those moving to Brisbane but don't know where

10x for the tip, just ordered it from amazon.

Emil
Old May 8th 2006, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

mole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to allmole is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
I was in a book store today and saw a book called "Where to live in Greater Brisbane". It had descriptions of all the suburbs as well as statistical information. I know you can find out all this online, but I thought it was very useful to have it all in one place, where you can make notes etc.

Jane
Thanks very much ive been looking for something like that,gonna order it now.
Old May 8th 2006, 10:02 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneandJim

Jane
hi jane

this on line maps a great help as it goes down to street level
and has info on regional councills etc

http://gis.qld.gov.au/iqed/map/
Old May 8th 2006, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emilov
10x for the tip, just ordered it from amazon.

Emil
Hmm, just had a look on Amazon for this book, can you send me the link please, I can't seem to find it. Many thanks
Old May 8th 2006, 10:31 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkley23
Hmm, just had a look on Amazon for this book, can you send me the link please, I can't seem to find it. Many thanks

You can order the books direct from the publisher (this is what I did)

http://www.where2live.info/shop.html
Old May 8th 2006, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The A Team
You can order the books direct from the publisher (this is what I did)

http://www.where2live.info/shop.html
Thanks. Had a look here, the book is AUS$29.95 but they want to charge me AUS$30 to post it to England . Had another search on Amazon.co.uk, this time using "Where to Live guides" as the search term rather than the full title and it came up. Only £16.99 including delivery. Will order one today!
Old May 8th 2006, 11:11 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkley23
Thanks. Had a look here, the book is AUS$29.95 but they want to charge me AUS$30 to post it to England . Had another search on Amazon.co.uk, this time using "Where to Live guides" as the search term rather than the full title and it came up. Only £16.99 including delivery. Will order one today!
Good plan I've got the Brisbane and the Gold Coast books and I think they're both excellent
Old May 8th 2006, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Fitz will become famous soon enough

Good plan I've got the Brisbane and the Gold Coast books and I think they're both excellent
Thanks for the tip. Is this book by Chantal Dunbar. Going to order copy.

Thanks

MK
Old May 8th 2006, 1:18 pm
cheeky tart

Originally Posted by Paul Fitz
Thanks for the tip. Is this book by Chantal Dunbar. Going to order copy.

Thanks

MK
Yep they're written by Chantal Dunbar. She's also written books on Mackay and Logan but I haven't got those.
Old May 8th 2006, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
what is the book for the gold coast called? I would love to get a copy as we are going around july time.
thanks
Nicola
Old May 8th 2006, 4:48 pm
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nicola411
Hi
what is the book for the gold coast called? I would love to get a copy as we are going around july time.
thanks
Nicola

Thanks Jane, we're coming over in a couple of weeks, so will probably pick up some books whilst we're over! We're still looking in the Western suburbs of Brisbane - not too far away from you!!

Jane
Old May 8th 2006, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

I have the book and its great, got it direct from the distrubuter in the uk, the uk suppliers number is on the website and you can pay over the phone and it came 2 days later. Scissors recommended it to me and its good as a reference.