Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To those leaving before Xmas

To those leaving before Xmas

Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default To those leaving before Xmas

Hi Guys,

How's everyone doing? We're still flat chat trying to sell the car and packing our second load of shipping. I finish work on Tuesday and then I am going to visit my parents for a few days, we going to have some 'quality time' together, then my husband will join us the following weekend. I have my works leaving do on Friday. It's going to be sad saying goodbye to everyone, but nothing a few won't solve.

It still doesn't feel real. I wonder when reality will set it. Everytime I start to worry I just have to switch off and do something constructive...nothing like burying your head in the sand

Anyway how is everyone doing?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 7:22 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice
Default Re: To those leaving before Xmas

its going fine apart from our house sale

we've had to put it back on the market and we leave in three weeks ..

the guy buying reckons he still wants to buy but its been 5weeks and no survey .. i've put it back on just in case ...... gutted
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to beholdIzzy is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: To those leaving before Xmas

Hi, we are going on 28th Nov and are running around like blue @rsed flies trying to get everything done. I am working till 17th, husband till 18th and poor daughter at school till 22nd ! Not told her yet Furniture left a month ago, sold house in the summer, so just trying to sell a few last odds and ends, oh and 2 cars ! Only my husbands has just broken down, which puts me in a taxi and him in mine. My car is being advertised on Friday, and unfortunately when I should be answering calls, I will also be on my leaving do ! I am trying to write Xmas cards to leave here, set up a variety of trading accounts, and I've just realised that I have sent my husbands car registration doc and MOT cert in the container to Oz !! : It will never pass again ! There doesn't seem to be any time to panic, i must remember to chill out once we get there. Where are you headed in Melbourne ? We're off around Mentone area, or maybe Patterson Lakes - I guess it depends where is available to rent when we get there. Anyway good luck
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pako
Hi Guys,

How's everyone doing? We're still flat chat trying to sell the car and packing our second load of shipping. I finish work on Tuesday and then I am going to visit my parents for a few days, we going to have some 'quality time' together, then my husband will join us the following weekend. I have my works leaving do on Friday. It's going to be sad saying goodbye to everyone, but nothing a few won't solve.

It still doesn't feel real. I wonder when reality will set it. Everytime I start to worry I just have to switch off and do something constructive...nothing like burying your head in the sand

Anyway how is everyone doing?
Thank God!
We go Boxing Day and it feels as though i am off on holiday
WHEN????will it hit me
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you can get a replacement MOT. Just goto the garage and I think for a nominal fee about 10 quid they will rewrite you a new one with the same dates.

Jo
Old Nov 10th 2005, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by Izzy
Hi, we are going on 28th Nov and are running around like blue @rsed flies trying to get everything done. I am working till 17th, husband till 18th and poor daughter at school till 22nd ! Not told her yet Furniture left a month ago, sold house in the summer, so just trying to sell a few last odds and ends, oh and 2 cars ! Only my husbands has just broken down, which puts me in a taxi and him in mine. My car is being advertised on Friday, and unfortunately when I should be answering calls, I will also be on my leaving do ! I am trying to write Xmas cards to leave here, set up a variety of trading accounts, and I've just realised that I have sent my husbands car registration doc and MOT cert in the container to Oz !! : It will never pass again ! There doesn't seem to be any time to panic, i must remember to chill out once we get there. Where are you headed in Melbourne ? We're off around Mentone area, or maybe Patterson Lakes - I guess it depends where is available to rent when we get there. Anyway good luck
We're heading to Black Rock, on the coast, due north of Mordialloc. We are renting for 6 months then we'll need to buy. We're jsut hoping we get jobs pretty damn quickly :scared:
Old Nov 10th 2005, 9:29 am
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future

I'm hoping to exchange on my house sale tomorrow and it's been 11 weeks since the chain was formed. As soon as that happens I will resign and book my flight.

The weirdest thing is that I have had 2 interviews and some tests for a job with Macquarie Bank in Sydney so I may have a job before anything else has been sorted!!

If all goes well I will fly out on Nov 30th and the nerves are kicking in.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Comer
I'm hoping to exchange on my house sale tomorrow and it's been 11 weeks since the chain was formed. As soon as that happens I will resign and book my flight.

The weirdest thing is that I have had 2 interviews and some tests for a job with Macquarie Bank in Sydney so I may have a job before anything else has been sorted!!

If all goes well I will fly out on Nov 30th and the nerves are kicking in.

Oh good luck with the house sale, I can't wait to get my life back, this whole process just takes over everything. i can't remember what it feels like to have nothing niggling at the back of my mind
Old Nov 10th 2005, 12:37 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We are obviously just plain odd. We fly Saturday week and are wandering around twiddling our thumbs. All our belongings have gone bar a few suitcases. Hubby has finished one job and has one more two day/two night shift left. All paperwork and bank stuff sorted. One more family dinner this Friday. Help I am getting bloody bored and want to go now.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
We are obviously just plain odd. We fly Saturday week and are wandering around twiddling our thumbs. All our belongings have gone bar a few suitcases. Hubby has finished one job and has one more two day/two night shift left. All paperwork and bank stuff sorted. One more family dinner this Friday. Help I am getting bloody bored and want to go now.
Good luck Moneypen...Where you headed?