Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For those leaving before Xmas!

For those leaving before Xmas!

Old Aug 30th 2005, 4:17 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For those leaving before Xmas!

Originally Posted by possoms
OO interested in which shippers your using? We too wanted to send stuff so it got there before us but our shipper told us we cant do that as we need to be in the country before it arrives??

AAH IGNORE THIS YOU'VE JUST ANSWERED IN YOUR LAST POST
We are using Crown - our shared container is at sea as we speak somewhere betwen Rotterdam and Brisbane - it left on 25th Aug and is estimated to arrive Brisbane 7th Oct - we don't physically arrive in Brisbane till 5th November - our estimator was aware of this and our stuff will be stored at Crowns storage facilities in Brisbane (at our cost) until we organise a delivery date. They did require an address and we gave them the address of our fully furnished apartment we are renting for the 1st 3 weeks - obviously i'll phone as soon as I know the address of the rented house we will be moving to.

So ask around shippers!

Good luck, Lynn
Old Aug 30th 2005, 4:17 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
Perhaps you should start one up? Dead easy to do, and you could publicise it when you get there, organise a few meet ups and bobs your uncle!
LOL
Old Aug 30th 2005, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

My wife and I fly out on 23rd November have a few days in Singapore and arrive on 27th November, I have been running around prettying up my flat to rent. I havent even looked into shipping stuff over or cancelling bills. Currently sitting out 3 month notice period with my current emlpoyer and am positively itching to go.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pako
How are all your plans coming along are you still on target?? We go Nov 28th from Heathrow. So far we've packed our first (and main) boxes for the shippers to collect this Saturday. We will send some final boxes in our last week too. We thought we'd send everything now so it's waiting there for us (will help me settle I think). We now need to have a couple of car booties to sell the remainder of our stuff, next month canel bills etc and get our CV's prettied up for our next employers - if they'll have us So there's not too much to do now, I'm wondering how I can pass the time.. seem to pass a bit of it on here lately..

Where are all you guys up too?
Sold the house
Sold the Business &
Packed in work
Sold all unwanted items
Hoping to go Perth,Oct/Nov
Getting permits for dog & cat
Got shippers sorted
Just NEED our visa!!!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Sutherland - til we find a house with a nice kitchen! Oh, even better - found one with a nice pool.
Mr. Ee will become famous soon enoughMr. Ee will become famous soon enough

We have accepted an offer on the house and started to plan for mid Nov trip to OZ. However it still feels shaky until we have at least exchanged - I keep thinking of all the things we need to do book flights, organise the kids birthday party a bit early so they can have one in the UK, empty the roof, close the bank accounts, etc. but what if the house sale doesn't happen!?!?!

Not sure how close to leave it before we get on with it all - will I be glad when this is over and we have moved etc.

Busy trying to re-home the cats at the moment and that is a killer!

Mrs Ee
Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Pako
what a fantastic thread.

We leave 24th October. You are very organised.

Our loft is clear and garage too, did boot sales this weekend (got offended by some offers on our already riduculously cheap price!)

Flights booked, hotel for stop over not booked (on list for tomorrow)

LISTS - I have so many I can't find the important ones, kids have enough school clothes to last for the last 6 weeks of school in the UK.

Should exchange soon but this is my sisters house that we are renting. Will be shipping about 10 boxes in several weeks time.

Got an email from my sister today (in Sydney) to say she is so excited that she has enough to keep us occupied until christmas and beyond.

MOST IMPORTANTLY my teaching qualifications were recognised by NSW meaning I can apply fo jobs. Should start my three week induction course early November.

Daughter got 6 As in her GCSEs plus 2 Bs and 2 Cs. Lfe seems to be on track.
Although I feel like I may be sprialling out of control. Back to school here on Friday and will be working till the day before we leave!!

Very excited but so tired from all the weird dreams I am still having.
Good luck everyone
Tara
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:01 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr. Ee

Busy trying to re-home the cats at the moment and that is a killer!

Mrs Ee
We were really lucky with this one. Our neighbour actually approached us and asked what we were doing with them. As soon as we said we're not sure she said 'we'll have them'!! A big weight off our minds as you can imagine.

Good luck with yours
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by isgraham
My wife and I fly out on 23rd November have a few days in Singapore and arrive on 27th November, I have been running around prettying up my flat to rent. I havent even looked into shipping stuff over or cancelling bills. Currently sitting out 3 month notice period with my current emlpoyer and am positively itching to go.
It's awful waiting isn't it. i hate my job every day's a chore. Not long for us now, we're only 5 days behind you.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:25 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

It's awful waiting isn't it. i hate my job every day's a chore. Not long for us now, we're only 5 days behind you.
Nice time to come to Melbourne to, it will be nice & Chilly in UK & warming up nicely out here.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:37 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

How are all your plans coming along are you still on target?? We go Nov 28th from Heathrow. So far we've packed our first (and main) boxes for the shippers to collect this Saturday. We will send some final boxes in our last week too. We thought we'd send everything now so it's waiting there for us (will help me settle I think). We now need to have a couple of car booties to sell the remainder of our stuff, next month canel bills etc and get our CV's prettied up for our next employers - if they'll have us So there's not too much to do now, I'm wondering how I can pass the time.. seem to pass a bit of it on here lately..

Where are all you guys up too?
Switched to pay as u go phones and had them unlocked
Just booked flights
Canclled sky
Cleared out loads of junk
House for sale
Book marking houses on Realestate.com
Will sell car and bike soon (bike can go now )
Just need a visa now
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Switched to pay as u go phones and had them unlocked
Just booked flights
Canclled sky
Cleared out loads of junk
House for sale
Book marking houses on Realestate.com
Will sell car and bike soon (bike can go now )
Just need a visa now
You're organised! When to you fly?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:59 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

You're organised! When to you fly?
Jan 8TH
Fingers crossed
Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

weve been told we will hear the outcome of our application by the end this week :scared:
if we get the visa ( fingers crossed) we will book for 31st oct!
will let you all know.

goodluck everyone

Trish
xx
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimtrish
weve been told we will hear the outcome of our application by the end this week :scared:
if we get the visa ( fingers crossed) we will book for 31st oct!
will let you all know.

goodluck everyone

Trish
xx
oooh good luck it's Wednesday now already, not long now, I'm sure you'll get you're visa
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Buttercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to allButtercup is a name known to all

Where are all you guys up too?[/QUOTE]

Hey there.

I read this thread and got all excited again. We fly out on 20th Nov ( hubby's 30th Birthday). He's not too thrilled but hey....we're leaving !!!! Have just looked into shipping . Has anyone heard of Cargo Bookers?, my husband found them and they're really cheap ( maybe too cheap).
Anyhow.....the point is we arrive in Brissie Dec1st and then cruse around looking at places until after Xmas. Staying with In laws so very lucky.

I can't wait.........Yipppppeehhhhh !!!!!!. Positive Vibes to you all.

Butter x