Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This'll stump ya!

This'll stump ya!

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice
Default This'll stump ya!

I have always wanted one of these go-ped thingies, but due to stupid UK laws, it is pointless owning one in this country - no-where to ride it!

What I want to know is, is it legal to use these things on the pavements/ roads etc.. in Oz?

Any wise old owls out there?
Attached Thumbnails This'll stump ya!-61_1_b.jpg  
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: This'll stump ya!

Twitta' woo ...

Sorry can't help ...

Regards

Hedwig

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
I have always wanted one of these go-ped thingies, but due to stupid UK laws, it is pointless owning one in this country - no-where to ride it!

What I want to know is, is it legal to use these things on the pavements/ roads etc.. in Oz?

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

C'mon somebody must know?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

I didn't realise that it was illegal to ride them here?? Must point that out to the little b*****d that whizzes past my front door at all hours
TJ
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
I didn't realise that it was illegal to ride them here?? Must point that out to the little b*****d that whizzes past my front door at all hours
TJ
'Grey area' of the law from what I can gather............

Suffice to say that if you are caught, they will find something to charge you for!!

Have got my answer now anyway........(thanx you lot )

It would appear that it is perfectly legal for me to terrorise my new neighbours cats on this thing down under!!

Hay heeeeeeyyyy!!!

Look out !!!!!

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:55 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Just buy one and ride it on the pavement like all the other chav's do!!

Just teasin'
Old Nov 24th 2005, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Smudgo is an unknown quantity at this point

Illegal in Vic on public roads & paths ! as the D******d up the road got pulled & fined. I hate them for being very noisy

check out the relevant state road agency sites
Old Nov 24th 2005, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

YES its ok here, just need to wear helmet, the law.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:19 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

But to be honest, you really wanted one of these didn't ya!

Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life

LOL
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:24 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by A dogs life

A snip at only $9,385 AUD :scared:

Segway

But just imagine how cool you'd look. Even the Kangaroos would stare at you.

Last edited by A dogs life; Nov 24th 2005 at 1:26 am.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:08 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cranni
YES its ok here, just need to wear helmet, the law.
I'm seeing an awful lot of people around my way not wearing cycle helmets - kids and adults. How tough are they on people who don't wear them?

Sue
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:31 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
I'm seeing an awful lot of people around my way not wearing cycle helmets - kids and adults. How tough are they on people who don't wear them?

Sue
I don't know Sue but the silly buggers are going to find out the road is hardest one day.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Smudgo
Illegal in Vic on public roads & paths ! as the D******d up the road got pulled & fined. I hate them for being very noisy

check out the relevant state road agency sites
No worries there.........I'm actually looking at one of the electric ones! Nice n quiet and doin' me bit for the ol' green stuff!

Thought it'd be a cool way to skip off to the beach after a flat chat day at work!

Old Nov 26th 2005, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

No worries there.........I'm actually looking at one of the electric ones! Nice n quiet and doin' me bit for the ol' green stuff!

Thought it'd be a cool way to skip off to the beach after a flat chat day at work!

I had an electricone which was greatgoing down hill but put them on the slightest of inclines and your stuffed.
Get a petrol one and wear ear plugs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.