Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thinking of returning to Melbourne sometime soon

Thinking of returning to Melbourne sometime soon

Old Nov 11th 2009, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Al and Jacque is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of returning to Melbourne sometime soon

Hi everyone i haven't posted in a while but been on here almost every day guess i'm an addict lol, anyway we got our PR visa in Jan 07 and validated on 18th Fed 07 with a view of staying but as it happens didn't work out as planned. My parents put a lot of pressure on us as our two boys were their only grandchildren, and we folded, but looking back it was a blessing in disguise as my wifes mother was diagnosed with cancer not long after we retuned home and passed away in Sept 08. We are so glad we returned and got to spend some time with her, I guess the Lord works in mysterious ways, we are from Northern Ireland and as with the whole of the UK the recession hit shortly afterwards and with me being a carpenter was paid off on oct 17th 08. We couldn't get any benefits as we had sold our house to go to Australia in 07 so things were very difficult as we didn't want to start living of our savings, as we knew we needed it to return to Oz, we don't have a lot of savings but enough to set us up. Eventually Jacqueline got a job in late Feb, so i guess i'm a house husband now, taking the boys to school, Jake 7, and Joel 4, doing the house work and the cooking, so a complete roll reversal. We are now thinking of returning possibly in July or August as we still think we and the boys would have a much better life and future in Oz and the work situation here is not going to improve for years. We would like some help so if you know of any accommodation in or around east Melbourne it would be much appreciated, we had previously stayed in Ashwood in 07 and like that area, and if anybody needs a carpenter or knows of any jobs vacancies please keep me posted.

Many Thanks
Al
Old Nov 12th 2009, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Al and Jacque is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking of returning to Melbourne sometime soon

Hi just wondered if anybody knows if there are any Presbyterian churches around east Melbourne, as we like to attend, and also send our boys to Sunday school.

Thanks
Al and Jacque
Old Nov 12th 2009, 4:38 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Al and Jacque
Hi just wondered if anybody knows if there are any Presbyterian churches around east Melbourne, as we like to attend, and also send our boys to Sunday school.

Thanks
Al and Jacque
Cairns Memorial Presbyterian Church (East Melbourne, Vic.)
Old Nov 13th 2009, 1:42 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Al and Jacque
There is a Presbyterian denomination in Australia, but you should be aware that in 1977 many Presbyterians joined with Australian Methodists (plus some others) to form the Uniting Church: http://www.uca.org.au

UCA churches do vary a lot from one to another, so you probably should plan to visit a number of them. There are still some separate Presbyterians, http://www.presbyterian.org.au