Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thinking Australia one on one seminar

Thinking Australia one on one seminar

Old Jan 30th 2010, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Smunchy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Thinking Australia one on one seminar

My partner and i have just started to think about a move Down Under and whilst surfing the net I came across Thinking Australia. There is a one on one seminar at Manchester Airport next week and we were thinking about going.

I am wondering if anyone on here has experience of going to one of these; was it worth while? What should we expect?

Many Thanks
Emma
Old Jan 30th 2010, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

koalasue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking Australia one on one seminar

Hi Emma
My OH and I went to one in London at heathrow last year, it was good, a lot of information on display including job vacancies and a talk in the afternoon. Darrell Todd was very funny a great character and sold Oz completely to the people who were there. I think it was well worth a day out. Sue
Old Jan 30th 2010, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for replying Sue

I think we shall book to go, it seems a good place to start. Just need to sort out a list of questions to take
Old Feb 10th 2010, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Smunchy
My partner and i have just started to think about a move Down Under and whilst surfing the net I came across Thinking Australia. There is a one on one seminar at Manchester Airport next week and we were thinking about going.

I am wondering if anyone on here has experience of going to one of these; was it worth while? What should we expect?

Many Thanks
Emma
My hubby went to one of these seminars ( i was at home with the kids) and we decided to go with them for our visa process. Don't have the visa yet but they are very good and its one less thing for us to do what with everything else that needs planning.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AlanEll
My hubby went to one of these seminars ( i was at home with the kids) and we decided to go with them for our visa process. Don't have the visa yet but they are very good and its one less thing for us to do what with everything else that needs planning.
Thanks for replying. We actually went to the seminar on Sunday and were happy with the way it went....Now we just have to decide if it is really what we want to do and then find the money
Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:37 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Just be aware that in the last couple of days the government has announced big cuts in immigration for other than doctors, nurses and the like.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

We used TA and although my visa was problimatic the TA guys got me through it....Darrell is a great guy
Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:58 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Just be aware that in the last couple of days the government has announced big cuts in immigration for other than doctors, nurses and the like.
You could always save money and skip the seminar ... just wander into any Earls Court bar and ask the guy/gal behind the counter what the place is like.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
You could always save money and skip the seminar ... just wander into any Earls Court bar and ask the guy/gal behind the counter what the place is like.
Not many Aussies in Earls Court now - too expensive. Go to Shepherds Bush or Acton instead.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Unfortunately I live in Cumbria so it would be a mighty long wander to get to Earls Court

Last edited by Smunchy; Feb 11th 2010 at 9:18 am.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wol
We have actually send Darrell an email about that very issue....the email was sent at 11pm last night and he replied within 15mins.....He said we shouldnt have a problem but to put our application in sooner rather than later.......Just need to take a look at finances and see if we can
Old Feb 11th 2010, 7:37 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I live in Cumbria so it would be a mighty long wander to get to Earls Court
Ah, fair point ... nice part of the world though, why on Earth would you want to come to such an uncooth place as this though?
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Ah, fair point ... nice part of the world though, why on Earth would you want to come to such an uncooth place as this though?
We are really not keen on the weather here, it can rain non-stop for 8 weeks, its cold. It is quite disheartening really... We want to be somewhere where we can be outside and enjoy living again
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:54 pm
Mostly Harmless

We are really not keen on the weather here, it can rain non-stop for 8 weeks, its cold. It is quite disheartening really... We want to be somewhere where we can be outside and enjoy living again
I actually exercise more in the UK (hiking, mostly) ... I love Brisbane but summer is oppressive, winter is what I hold out for.

Always thought Tassie looked nice, maybe some time down the track.

Good luck with the move
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[[/QUOTE]

Darrell a top guy, i think i had 5 one to one's with him before i left UK...lol

Always there for you,and Liz stays with us when in Perth

Wont go wrong with these people..

Davo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.