Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things you should know before moving down under...

Things you should know before moving down under...

Old Oct 4th 2009, 4:38 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all
Default Re: Things you should know before moving down under...

Originally Posted by Very Happy
Most Aussies I know go o'seas almost every year. Brits don't travel as much.
I'm sorry to say this "Very Happy" but you must be on drugs to believe that.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 4:44 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
We can all focus on the positives to our hearts content but nothing, no amount of research or doing a reccie, can really prepare you for the reality of living here & how you will cope with that.
We have been very fortunate so far in that we feel 'at home' here. You cannot research that feeling no matter how hard you try & those that do not, should not be villified for feeling differently!
That is true of any country. Personally, I am not going to vilify anyone for believing differently but I would like to think you get a pretty good idea after carrying out intensive research and a reccie trip on top of that. Living in any country, like life, is what you make of it.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 5:08 pm
Jin
Just Joined

Jin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone
I have read so many threads on OZ, I might add we went there 5 years ago and also in feb this year to activate our visas!! I will begin by saying first we started with a 4 year 457 temporary visa thru hubby , had sponsor etc but i had to have an op on back which set it back a year but then was reading things on Go Matilda site about dodgy sponsors and I rang OZ house and asked if our sponsor lost their licence where would we be and I was told on the first plane back home!!! Anyway we started the PR visa ( so have cost thousands all together) but I have to say when we went out in Feb 09 unfortunately we stayed on the sunshine coast was lovely but perhaps not the best place to stay when you have kids 23 and 12 as not enough going on!! we did go down to Brissey and they loved surfers which i have been twice and hated anyway I just wanted to say that after our visit to activate I have been really concerned about prices etc, so different to 5 years ago, the cost of food etc was I thought a lot more than here ( UK) And now the house prices are down, I don't think its the right time to leave the UK. We will still be looking to migrate to Bris but just not yet as people have said I am doing my homework and even for better weather do not want to leave UK and struggke more in OZ.!!! Jx
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:04 pm
Jin
Just Joined

Jin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I have just had an email that mecheng has replied to my mail but I can't find it !!!
Old Oct 4th 2009, 7:08 pm
can't lose the tie

Originally Posted by Jin
Hi
I have just had an email that mecheng has replied to my mail but I can't find it !!!
I think you have the wrong person. I haven't responded to any message nor I have seen any message. This is all too twilight zone for me.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 9:21 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jin
Hi
It's an email which you get when someone replies to a thread that you have posted/subscribed to. Take a look at your profile settings if you want to change that behaviour.

BTW, welcome to posting on BE
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:27 am
Username change - was "Manc_in_Adelaide"

Danny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really nice

You cannot research that feeling no matter how hard you try & those that do not, should not be villified for feeling differently!
Who's been villified ?

Isn't being able to question posts, and put differing opinions forward part and parcel of any good forum, or have I missed something here ?
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't suggesting anyone had been on this particular thread!
Old Oct 5th 2009, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

pete101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Having moved from south africa to ireland with the wife - the one thing i can say is that you have to give yourself atleast 2-3 years to make real friends and get to know the culture and customs. We are currently looking at moving to australia. I do beleive that if you are moving for the right reasons -for us it would be a lifestyle change - them you will be able to overcome all obstacles that arrive. I have not seen the sun more that 3 weeks this year and a 5mm wetsuit is just not thick enough for the north sea anymore.so bring on the sunshine...
Old Oct 6th 2009, 2:47 am
Username change - was "Manc_in_Adelaide"

Danny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really niceDanny Tiatto's nose is just really nice

I wasn't suggesting anyone had been on this particular thread!
Sorry - think me paranoia must have set in !

My psychiatrist says the same, but then again, he has got in in for me ....

*groan*
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny Tiatto's nose
Sorry - think me paranoia must have set in !

My psychiatrist says the same, but then again, he has got in in for me ....

*groan*
No worries!

Who is Danny Tiatto btw & why would you want to be his nose?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No worries!

Who is Danny Tiatto btw & why would you want to be his nose?
This bloke. Apparently he's 'ard Why you'd want to be that nose is beyond me but never mind
Attached Images  
Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
This bloke. Apparently he's 'ard Why you'd want to be that nose is beyond me but never mind
Thanks MP! Still had to google him though, don't follow soccer at all

Ugly brute if you ask me, so the question remains, what's the fascination with his nose????
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:08 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

There is much more to life than sunny days.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:16 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by danjones1
There is much more to life than sunny days.
Well Danny, at least we agree on one thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.