Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

things u miss most about home

Wikiposts

things u miss most about home

Old Jul 10th 2004, 12:50 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

bordy, looks as if Maddys ran aff greetin cos they cant get skwerr he he he
Old Jul 10th 2004, 12:51 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by soapy
I can see him opening the whisky as we type.
Old Jul 10th 2004, 12:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
I can see him opening the whisky as we type.
ha ha ha
surely it too early
but its a nice time for us
Old Jul 10th 2004, 12:54 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

ha ha ha
surely it too early
but its a nice time for us

Got mine here. Its a hard life. Cheers Soapy.
Old Jul 10th 2004, 12:55 am
Master of verbal pish©

Got mine here. Its a hard life. Cheers Soapy.
aye a wee stubby....TOOHEEYS NEW
pure magic
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:06 am
The Godfather

aye a wee stubby....TOOHEEYS NEW
pure magic

VB & a wee Rum & coke here.
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:07 am
Master of verbal pish©

VB & a wee Rum & coke here.
just beer for me, im mental enuff without having a half
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:10 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by MikeStanton
No. Putting aside the fact I was referring to flying times from Sydney, the closest country chosen by most Aussies flying overseas, not on business - excluding NZ - is Bali or Fiji. Sydney to Bali is a 6 hour flight (Fiji a bit less) - true not 7 or 8, but a long flight. 6 hours flying time from UK will mean you can get to - what? 20-30 different countries - including most of the way to USA.

And shall we compare the costs of travel in Oz vs the UK? No, you're right; let's not even go there...

Port Moresby isn't exactly a fun destination for most people - or are the armed bodyguards no longer advised?
Where did I write Port Moresby was the Melanesian version of Ibiza or Eos? No, it's not what I'd call a great place either, but you wrote, point blank, that it's 6-7 hours to the nearest country from Australia outside of NZ. From Australia, not just Sydney.

How was I right about comparative costs? Did I mention that?
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:16 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Are you having problems with your keyboard? or is it just a typo?

jib

Last edited by jib; Jul 10th 2004 at 1:20 am.
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:17 am
The Godfather

Originally posted by jib
Are you having problems with your'e keyboard?

jib

You don't understand a Scottish keyboard???
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:18 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like your out of luck, heres a list of British Butchers in Aus.

McCann's Superior Meats 205 Pakington Street West Geelong, Victoria
Rob's British Butchers 177 Lonsdale St Dandenong Victoria.
Ross & Morag Reid, Scottish Fare.130 Queen Street, St. Marys. 2760. NSW
The delicatessen in Eastland Shopping Centre, Ringwood, Victoria
The Bakery at Coldstream, Victoria
Advantage Super Market? in Rockingham West Aust.
The Scotch Oven. Beach road, Christies Beach, Adelaide, Sth. Aust.
Cameron's. Hamilton Street, West Dapto, New South Wales
Star of the North Butchers, Currambine Nr Joondalup Perth West Aust.
Peter Hutton & Sons, Shop 3/46 Picnic Parade Ettalong NSW
Havelock Meats, 7 Havelock Avenue Coogee NSW
thats it then Bordy!! i've just told the missus the whole thing is off!! were are you from yourself?
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:19 am
The Godfather

Originally posted by madsad
thats it then Bordy!! i've just told the missus the whole thing is off!! were are you from yourself?

Born in Paisley, moved to Saltcoats when I was about 4 I think then down to Selkirk in the Borders when I was 19 then out to Melbourne when I was old.
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:21 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Ulujain
Where did I write Port Moresby was the Melanesian version of Ibiza or Eos? No, it's not what I'd call a great place either, but you wrote, point blank, that it's 6-7 hours to the nearest country from Australia outside of NZ. From Australia, not just Sydney.

How was I right about comparative costs? Did I mention that?

Throwim Way Leg

In New Guinea Pidgin, throwim way leg means to go on a journey and it is Tim Flannery's invitation to join him on his breathtaking adventures through the jungles of Papua New Guinea and Irian Jaya. Flannery meets skilled hunters and befriends a shaman, climbs mountains never before scaled by Europeans, discovers new species and stumbles across the giant bones of extinct marsupials. You will never think about the bird-shaped island to our north the same way again.
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:25 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

You don't understand a Scottish keyboard???

I just find it a bit funny, how you type in a scottish accent

jib
Old Jul 10th 2004, 1:26 am
The Godfather

Originally posted by jib
I just find it a bit funny, how you type in a scottish accent

jib

LOL, Suppose it is a wee bit silly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.