Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things to do on stop over in Singapore

Things to do on stop over in Singapore

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:30 pm
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice
Cool Things to do on stop over in Singapore

Hi,
Any suggestions of things to do whilst in Singapore, on three day stop over. Clean suggestions only as we have four young children.

Cheers Kev.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:33 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things to do on stop over in Singapore

Originally posted by St George Six
Hi,
Any suggestions of things to do whilst in Singapore, on three day stop over. Clean suggestions only as we have four young children.

Cheers Kev.
Ooh, yes please - we have three days there too - where are you staying Kev?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:44 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Cheers Kev.

1)Singapore Zoo. (Best zoo ive ever been to.)
2)Sentosa island.
3) From Changi ferry terminal take a ferry ride to Bintan. (30 minute crossing) Rent a villa on the beach of their resort complex(Buttons to rent £20.00) Enjoy the most beatifull beach Ive ever been on. (Way better than the so called paradise beaches of Bali or blue lagoon) Golden white sand and turquoise sea. Picture post card stuff, Banana boats and windsurfing for the kids.
4) Boat Quay great place to eat out in the evening.

Cheers.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 2:51 pm
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice

Cheers for the suggestions, I'm glad we have three days.
We fly in on 22/10/03 and are staying at the Golden Landmark Hotel, booked with Ebookers.
Final destination Christchurch on 26/10/03.

Thanks Kev.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
1)Singapore Zoo. (Best zoo ive ever been to.)
2)Sentosa island.
3) From Changi ferry terminal take a ferry ride to Bintan. (30 minute crossing) Rent a villa on the beach of their resort complex(Buttons to rent £20.00) Enjoy the most beatifull beach Ive ever been on. (Way better than the so called paradise beaches of Bali or blue lagoon) Golden white sand and turquoise sea. Picture post card stuff, Banana boats and windsurfing for the kids.
4) Boat Quay great place to eat out in the evening.

Cheers.
All of the above, but don't forget the night safari at the zoo.
At the zoo, they have morning tea with the Orangutans at 10.30am - unless they have changed the time. I think they do afternoon tea at 2.30pm. Best to go in the morning, it is a huge zoo with lots of things to see. Polar Bear Show and there is a show at 1pm with lots of the aquatic mamals - just watch out for the baby croc
Clarke Quay
When going to Sentosa for the day, get the cable car from Mt Faber (highest point in singas). Take bathers and a towel. There is a small amusement park there (pool ans water slides), plus you can laze on the beach, take the train ride around the island and get off and on at any point.
Newton Circus is good for a good asian meal - out door eating area with about 50 stalls, pick what you want from whichever stall and they will cook it for you.

Last edited by suebo; Oct 2nd 2003 at 5:17 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

3) From Changi ferry terminal take a ferry ride to Bintan. (30 minute crossing) Rent a villa on the beach of their resort complex(Buttons to rent £20.00) Enjoy the most beatifull beach Ive ever been on.
Any websites or contact information for this. Anyone know how long you can stay in Singapore does it require holiday visa ?
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Any tips on the best way to get to the Zoo? The official site says train (quick) plus bus (45 mins). Is there a quicker/simpler way or should we rent a car? Hyperactive toddler and 45 mins bus journey just don't go together...

Thanks. We're there 16-20 October.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jolyn
Any tips on the best way to get to the Zoo? The official site says train (quick) plus bus (45 mins). Is there a quicker/simpler way or should we rent a car? Hyperactive toddler and 45 mins bus journey just don't go together...

Thanks. We're there 16-20 October.
I'd suggest a taxi. When we were there in April - admittedly mid SARS epidemic so they were a bit short on business - taxis were dirt cheap. We had one ferry us around to various places for most of one afternoon and it cost us about £2.50!! I think hiring a car would probably be a bit stressful!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

By recollection it is only about 20 minutes on the bus, I really don't think that it was 45. Best to get a taxi if you don't want to bus/train it, the roads can be confusing, I got lost many a time there. Getting to the zoo was okay, but getting the right road back to the hotel was a loooooong journey.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 7:59 pm
Life's a beach

Hi,
everyone thanks for all the advice, I think we will get a taxi as we will have all the children in tow.

Kev and family

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 8:03 pm
I Love Brisbane !

Brisgal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Cheers Kev.

Hiya

this is the official site for Singapore.

http://www.visitsingapore.com/

one things for sure I don't think I've ever been in a cleaner city.
The taxi drivers have alarms on their cars for when they are exceeding the limit. Our blokes alarm never shut up, he sped all the way from Changi into Singapore!

a great place to visit!

have fun!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 8:18 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
everyone thanks for all the advice, I think we will get a taxi as we will have all the children in tow.

Kev and family

Kev

Just remembered - Cinderella (from this forum) recommended a taxi driver Jason who we booked to take us to and from the airport. He had an airconditioned people carrier with DVD player and seat back screen - my son was most impressed he could watch Tom and Jerry cartoons in the back! He was punctual, courteous and gave us a commentary on all the various things to see as we drove into the city. He offered to take us to the night zoo but unfortunately we didn't have time to do that. If we'd stayed a bit longer we would definitely have used him to take us round. I have his contact details if you would like them - I booked him by fax.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:13 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Nicstids
Kev

Just remembered - Cinderella (from this forum) recommended a taxi driver Jason who we booked to take us to and from the airport. He had an airconditioned people carrier with DVD player and seat back screen - my son was most impressed he could watch Tom and Jerry cartoons in the back! He was punctual, courteous and gave us a commentary on all the various things to see as we drove into the city. He offered to take us to the night zoo but unfortunately we didn't have time to do that. If we'd stayed a bit longer we would definitely have used him to take us round. I have his contact details if you would like them - I booked him by fax.

Hi there,

Jason is good isn't he, can not fault his service. I was stress free knowing he would pick us up when we needed him. And a really nice person as well.

Go to the Zoo, not to be misses. Stay on Sentosa at Shangri-la's RASA SENTOSA. Perfect for kids, service is excellent. We would stay there again.
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:48 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Cheers Kev.
EAT

The hawker markets are a must do if you like asian food. They were put up give the street food vendors a place when they were banned. Basically it is a large outdoor food court with loads of stalls selling chinese, malaysian, indonesion, thai and indian food. They are cheap.

Look them up in a travel guide. I remember chilli crusted manta ray.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:10 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by karawara88
Anyone know how long you can stay in Singapore does it require holiday visa ?
British passport holders do not need a visa to enter Singapore.
http://app.ica.gov.sg/travellers/ent...quirements.asp

Generally, a British passport holder gets a 30-day social visit pass upon entry at the airport.

British nationals intending to travel to Malaysia by land also do not require a visa to enter Malaysia.
http://www.imi.gov.my/visaR.htm#VisaRequirement
However, upon re-entry to Singapore, a 14-day (instead of 30 days) social visit pass will generally be issued by Singapore.

British nationals intending to travel to Indonesia (including Bintan and Batam) will require a visa on-arrival.
http://www.kbri-canberra.org.au/regu...res182003e.htm

Peter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.