Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

things to do on pre-lim trip

things to do on pre-lim trip

Old Feb 17th 2006, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

jakimber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default things to do on pre-lim trip

We are moving out and arriving on June 4, but I have to go out next week for some interviews for a week. My wife is Australian (out of Oz for 6 years) and owns a house in Balmain so we have accommodation set. We also managed to get our 3 year old into a school, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on things I should take care of next week prior to us arriving in June. I don't have my Visa yet but application is in and have been told it will issued soon but probably not before I go for my interviews. I would love to be able to hit the ground running as much as possible. Can I arrange health insurance? any suggestions welcome
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:04 pm
Staying in BoxHill

chessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to all
Default Re: things to do on pre-lim trip

Originally Posted by jakimber
We are moving out and arriving on June 4, but I have to go out next week for some interviews for a week. My wife is Australian (out of Oz for 6 years) and owns a house in Balmain so we have accommodation set. We also managed to get our 3 year old into a school, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on things I should take care of next week prior to us arriving in June. I don't have my Visa yet but application is in and have been told it will issued soon but probably not before I go for my interviews. I would love to be able to hit the ground running as much as possible. Can I arrange health insurance? any suggestions welcome
When we did a recky trip in November last year both myself and the wife organised bank accounts and a Tax file number (so as you do not get stung with high taxes on your new job!). The tax file number needs to be organised whilst you are in the country preferably once you have got your visa.

We also decided to organise a Pay as you go mobile numbers for us both so as we were contactable as soon as we arrived.

Apart from that I cant think of anything else.

Good luck with the interviews.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: things to do on pre-lim trip

do a few searches there are lots of list that people have done there are also a few at the begin of one of the pages.

hope that helps

gee x