Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

There's a black & white fluffy thing in the air!

There's a black & white fluffy thing in the air!

Old Aug 25th 2005, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default There's a black & white fluffy thing in the air!

I have been monitoring my cats flight path today.

We drove him in the pouring rain from Essex to Bracknell (Berkshire )yesterday. Just before dropping him off at the Ryslip pet shippers he decided to give me a leaving present and peed all over me. Serves me right - I should have left him in the crate.

Any way - he left on flight QF2 to Sydney at 22:00pm last night, and landed in Bankgkok this morning, and I estimate he's got another 3 hours till he gets to Sydney airport. I'm watching the arrivals board and he may get in early!

I didn't sleep last night because i mis-read the Heathrow departure board and went into total panic mode when he appeared to be destined for Melbourne not Sydney, but the shippers reassured me he was definitely on the right plane when I called them at the crack of dawn this morning.

Anyway - the point of this thread. Good luck and best wishes to all those people who are shipping their little fluffy friends. This bit has been the most stressful part of our emigration.

I know I sound like a soppy daft old bat, and that everyone tells me we've been totally bananas shipping the cat (including the vet!), but he's totally cute. And besides....he's an extremely high maintenance, diabetic, neurotic, indoor lap cat, so no-one else would have him anyway.

So from tomorrow those days start counting down. 30, 29 28 etc etc. I'll let you know how I get on with Sydney quarantine but so far they have sounded very cheery, helpful and competent. Bet they change their mind when he comes out of his crate covered in pooooooo....... and peeeeee....Yuuuukkk Well can you keep your legs crossed for nearly 30 hours?????

Netta XXX
Old Aug 25th 2005, 5:43 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: There's a black & white fluffy thing in the air!

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta

We drove him in the pouring rain from Essex to Bracknell (Berkshire )yesterday. Just before dropping him off at the Ryslip pet shippers he decided to give me a leaving present and peed all over me. Serves me right - I should have left him in the crate.

Any way - he left on flight QF2 to Sydney at 22:00pm last night, and landed in Bankgkok this morning, and I estimate he's got another 3 hours till he gets to Sydney airport. I'm watching the arrivals board and he may get in early!

I didn't sleep last night because i mis-read the Heathrow departure board and went into total panic mode when he appeared to be destined for Melbourne not Sydney, but the shippers reassured me he was definitely on the right plane when I called them at the crack of dawn this morning.

Anyway - the point of this thread. Good luck and best wishes to all those people who are shipping their little fluffy friends. This bit has been the most stressful part of our emigration.

I know I sound like a soppy daft old bat, and that everyone tells me we've been totally bananas shipping the cat (including the vet!), but he's totally cute. And besides....he's an extremely high maintenance, diabetic, neurotic, indoor lap cat, so no-one else would have him anyway.

So from tomorrow those days start counting down. 30, 29 28 etc etc. I'll let you know how I get on with Sydney quarantine but so far they have sounded very cheery, helpful and competent. Bet they change their mind when he comes out of his crate covered in pooooooo....... and peeeeee....Yuuuukkk Well can you keep your legs crossed for nearly 30 hours?????

Netta XXX
Aaahh bless. Hope he is ok. I am quite expecting one of my dogs to be covered in pooh and puke by the time she arrives in Perth, the other dog will be fine. She's got a bladder like a petrol tank!

Let us know how he gets on.

Anne
Old Aug 25th 2005, 5:46 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Must admit this is the bit I worry about most.

But the pets are in safe hands....... sent you some "special k"
Old Aug 25th 2005, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Must admit this is the bit I worry about most.

But the pets are in safe hands....... sent you some "special k"

Awwwwww.....thanks Bridie.....you're a real treasure!

I'd like to be able to return the karma complement but I need to put myself about first and spread it around......I'll keep you on my backdated karma list!
Old Aug 25th 2005, 5:51 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good, I see Anne went 'Ahhhh' too, so I'm not the only soppy one out there reading this!

Let us know once he's arrived - I expect you won't really relax properly until you know that he's arrived safely and is ok (apart from being covered in poo!)

Nicky
Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:05 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking forward already to hearing your update!!!! The cat will be fine and i'm sure they are very well looked after in Oz quarantine.

Lynn x
Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice

hi john & netta,

hope he lands there safely, he will be well taken care of.
i bet he makes loads of new cat friends!!!

hope both of you are well.

best of luck with your move and you are all reunited soon.

take care

kate & derek.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:20 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

I'm sure it'll be OK. I am sending our two cats, probably next year so am interested in other people's experiences.

Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kateandderek
hi john & netta,

hope he lands there safely, he will be well taken care of.
i bet he makes loads of new cat friends!!!

hope both of you are well.

best of luck with your move and you are all reunited soon.

take care

kate & derek.
Hi kate & Derek
Where on earth have you two been lately??? Howz it going? What's new??
Tell me all about it!!!!

Netta XXXX
Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Netta XXX
Hi there. Our 3 cats went to Sydney quarantine from london, and we were very impressed with them. Mrs L was on the phone numerous times to speak to the girl looking after them, and none of them had messed in their crates during the flight! But it was great going to Brisbane airport to pick them up....
Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:29 pm
Professional Princess

Netta XXX
Netta, you have no idea how happy this makes me to read this.

Please tell me when he arrives safely and I can tell all the vets and staff I spoke to that he did it, against what they said.

Go Branston!

Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice

Hi kate & Derek
Where on earth have you two been lately??? Howz it going? What's new??
Tell me all about it!!!!

Netta XXXX
hi Netta,
well i finally got registered in Queensland, (thought it would never happen!!) i am now applying to the general nursing council which i should hear about soon. we then apply for our visa. i am going to front load medicals etc to hurry things along.
we both have been quiet on the site, i am mostly watching the nursing forum, we have also been going away alot camping, Ireland and also been to Glastonbury. so busy most weekends and working all week long really !!!

we hope to get out there early next year. can't wait!!
you and john must be so excited. can't believe you are going really soon. it is such a shame we never got to meet again, but not to worry we will all make up for it in Brisbane!!!

have a safe journey, keep us informed how you are getting along
hi to john,
take care always

Kate.
Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by logan
Hi there. Our 3 cats went to Sydney quarantine from london, and we were very impressed with them. Mrs L was on the phone numerous times to speak to the girl looking after them, and none of them had messed in their crates during the flight! But it was great going to Brisbane airport to pick them up....

Do you know who Mrs L was talking to? I've been speaking with Joanne Eddy. I think I'm probably driving her mad already and the cat's not even there yet! But its been quite complicated because of his medication, which has to be cold packed inside the crate. And making sure they don't lose the 60 syringes which are bungee tied to the crate. And he WILL be covered in weee! He's diabetic so he wees buckets!!!!!

We're going to drive down to Sydney (from Brisbane) to pick the little fluffy thing up. I think if he manages to survive the flight and the 30 days quarantine I can't bear to put him on another flight. That would just about finish him off. So we'll take some time out, visit the family in Sydney, then pick him up on the way back.

Its nice to hear that you had a good experience with your three. It makes me feel a lot better......and I'm sure there are loads of other people out there that will be encouraged by your reply...

Netta
Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Netta, you have no idea how happy this makes me to read this.

Please tell me when he arrives safely and I can tell all the vets and staff I spoke to that he did it, against what they said.

Go Branston!

Oh - Professional Princess - long time no speak!!!! I haven't forgotten how you tried to help me, and all your encouraging words. You'll be the FIRST to know when we pick him up I promise.

Yep - Go Branston! Go Branston! (he should be landing soon - yiiippeee!)

Netta XXXX
Old Aug 25th 2005, 6:48 pm
Professional Princess

Oh - Professional Princess - long time no speak!!!! I haven't forgotten how you tried to help me, and all your encouraging words. You'll be the FIRST to know when we pick him up I promise.

Yep - Go Branston! Go Branston! (he should be landing soon - yiiippeee!)

Netta XXXX

Considering you were advised to have him put to sleep, I think you had nothing to lose by taking him.

And i for one, will relish telling the vets I spoke to about him.

The only thing they will need to watch for as well as his sugar levels, is his urine output from his operation.

But Im assuming they have his full medical history.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.