Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there a time limit............

Is there a time limit............

Old Sep 23rd 2004, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Is there a time limit............

on certified docs for TRA. I got together all my hubby documents months ago ready to send off to the TRA, but he hasnt got them certified yet. They are dated back few months now, like references, etc, will that make a difference. Oh and one of his referees ( a client) has since passed away, will that matter now.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there a time limit............

Originally Posted by midge04
on certified docs for TRA. I got together all my hubby documents months ago ready to send off to the TRA, but he hasnt got them certified yet. They are dated back few months now, like references, etc, will that make a difference. Oh and one of his referees ( a client) has since passed away, will that matter now.
We have our visa but not the same catagory as you are applying for so we are not to sure.

personally, i would not have thought that you had nothing to worry about. As long as the original documents and the copies are together when you get them certified then dates dont matter.

with referances, when we sent off our application some of the addresses on our paperwork were wrong as our referees had moved or changed there number and we had no problems.

good luck
Old Sep 24th 2004, 8:23 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a time limit............

Hi

I think that there was a few months between signature and actually sending our application to the TRA.

What I would say though, assuming that you have not already done it, is to double up on the certified documents (it saves time) as DIMIA will want the TRA documents. Well they did on ours. We are going skilled independant, my wife is a hairdresser.

Best of luck. Gary

Originally Posted by midge04