Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there a Tesco's in Oz

Is there a Tesco's in Oz

Old May 4th 2004, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Is there a Tesco's in Oz

Silly question i know, but is there a Tesco in Oz only i work for them and it would be nice if i caould have a transfer, lol.
Old May 4th 2004, 10:56 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there a Tesco's in Oz

Originally posted by midge04
Silly question i know, but is there a Tesco in Oz only i work for them and it would be nice if i caould have a transfer, lol.

..LOL is right..you'll be lucky!

This in my opinion is one area UK beats Aus hands down..no real choice..Coles or Woolies..both not great

Max x
Old May 4th 2004, 11:26 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Is there a Tesco's in Oz

Originally posted by maxpaxx
..LOL is right..you'll be lucky!

This in my opinion is one area UK beats Aus hands down..no real choice..Coles or Woolies..both not great

Max x
ALDI is also expanding rapidly over here now.

The UK supermarkets definately do have much more choice, although I have noticed that the OZ ones are gradually getting better all the time, but of course it could also be that I am getting used to them now

Old May 4th 2004, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Am I the only one who is happy with the food that you can buy over here?

I go to a fantastic butcher for my meat, and there are some great markets for fresh fruit and veg at 1/2 the price of the supermarkets, and there are some really good delis where I can buy fresh ham and cheese from.

The supermarkets themselves have everything else that I need to buy, and if I don't want to pay their prices then I can always go to the Reject Shop, Not Quite Right and even some of the $2 shops sell detergents etc at reduced prices.

Even the queues at the checkout are non existent. There is nearly always a checkout free or the person in front is just finishing so I can't even complain about that.

Regards
Old May 4th 2004, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

No chance of me asking for a transfer then. I did notice they had a 'Woolies'.
Old May 4th 2004, 11:39 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

for me Jay kay, its not the food, but the way the god darn supermarkets are laid out. They seem so hodged podged with stuff not remotley related to it next door. I'm forever asking peeps where to find stuff??

PS does anyone know if they sell strong white bread flour anywhere? Not bread MIX, just the flour so as i can make my own secret recipe??
Old May 4th 2004, 11:41 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Jaykay
Am I the only one who is happy with the food that you can buy over here?

I go to a fantastic butcher for my meat, and there are some great markets for fresh fruit and veg at 1/2 the price of the supermarkets, and there are some really good delis where I can buy fresh ham and cheese from.

The supermarkets themselves have everything else that I need to buy, and if I don't want to pay their prices then I can always go to the Reject Shop, Not Quite Right and even some of the $2 shops sell detergents etc at reduced prices.

Even the queues at the checkout are non existent. There is nearly always a checkout free or the person in front is just finishing so I can't even complain about that.

Regards
No, you are not the only one

I can get everything I need as well, and talking about Butchers !! You should see the meat and the fantastic prices we get at our one at times
They had Rump Steak on special at $3.99 per kg recently,
I normally pay $5.99 or $6.99

When I was last in the UK, I found that we did most of our shopping in one Supermarket, but out here we are happy to look in more than one shop, and they are, after all, normally all in on centre, so its all pretty easy aswell.

I agree with the queues, but sometimes we do get one or two people in front of us and we have to wait a bit
(Not all places are like that though)

Old May 4th 2004, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Oh come on - now we all want the recipe
Old May 4th 2004, 11:44 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debsy
Oh come on - now we all want the recipe
I'd tell you mate, but then i'd have to kill ya
Old May 4th 2004, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

You gotta catch me first
Old May 4th 2004, 11:48 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by hevs
PS does anyone know if they sell strong white bread flour anywhere? Not bread MIX, just the flour so as i can make my own secret recipe??
Have you tried asking your local Bakers ? They may be able to help.

Old May 4th 2004, 11:49 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debsy
You gotta catch me first
I have a very serious and important question on this subject.
Will I be able to get milk chocolate coated roasted peanuts ?
This could be the make or break
Old May 4th 2004, 11:50 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

ABC you are right they are gradually getting better. The new Westyfields (Fat Pizza's term) in Bondi Junction has a new Woolies and Coles. The old one was small, smelt, suffered from chronic overcrowding and trolley rage, and was generally a misery to shop at. The new Coles and Woolies are much better. We are also lucky to have plenty of decent local shops selling good quality produce.
Old May 4th 2004, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by hevs
for me Jay kay, its not the food, but the way the god darn supermarkets are laid out. They seem so hodged podged with stuff not remotley related to it next door. I'm forever asking peeps where to find stuff??

Hevs

In our local Safeway they have a list at the end of each aisle and it lists everything in that aisle and this saves having to walk up and down them looking for things.

There are also some new bread shops popping up around the place where you can buy any type of bread mix and also any type of flour for making bread. There's one at Chirnside Park and one at my local Shopping Centre in Kilsyth. Just can't remember what they're called....sorry.

Regards
Old May 4th 2004, 11:58 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Bix
I have a very serious and important question on this subject.
Will I be able to get milk chocolate coated roasted peanuts ?
This could be the make or break
I am pretty sure I see them in Woolworths all the time.

You like chocolate then ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.