Reload this Page >

There has got to be a way!!

There has got to be a way!!

Old Apr 12th 2003, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

millertime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default There has got to be a way!!

Hi there

My partner and I went to Australia on a working holiday visa for a year and returned to the UK In August. We have struggled to settle and our lives are in limbo at the moment - we would really love to return to Australia on a more permenant basis but we do not have the skills for emmigration. New Zealand is another option as we have relatives there - but again it looks kind of hard!

We are searching for any options that are open to us and if anyone out there knows of anyway we could return please please let us know. My partner is now the wrong side of 30 for working hol visas and we would like to go somewhere settle rather than backpak. If we could just get back for a couple of years..........

Cheers!
Old Apr 12th 2003, 7:06 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: There has got to be a way!!

Originally posted by millertime
Hi there

My partner and I went to Australia on a working holiday visa for a year and returned to the UK In August. We have struggled to settle and our lives are in limbo at the moment - we would really love to return to Australia on a more permenant basis but we do not have the skills for emmigration. New Zealand is another option as we have relatives there - but again it looks kind of hard!

We are searching for any options that are open to us and if anyone out there knows of anyway we could return please please let us know. My partner is now the wrong side of 30 for working hol visas and we would like to go somewhere settle rather than backpak. If we could just get back for a couple of years..........

Cheers!
No skills, no thrills!

You could wait another 20+ years 'till retirement.

Steve.
Old Apr 12th 2003, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

although money talks...
buy a small business...

cheers

richard
Old Apr 12th 2003, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by millertime
Hi there

Just claim asylum. it works in the UK
Old Apr 13th 2003, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Default Message for R Bartlett

The small business thing - can you provide more info please?
Have you done this?
Just wondering which visa goes with this.

Might not have the cash but worth a look!

Originally posted by r.bartlett
although money talks...
buy a small business...

cheers

richard
Old Apr 14th 2003, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

golden girl is an unknown quantity at this point

We spoke with an immigration agency who gave us another option on how to get in.

You can go on a temporary 4 year visa (don't let the word 'temporary' scare you).

You would have to either start up your own business or search for a job whilst you are out there. You have to earn 75,000 Aus dollars in a year (approx £28,900). If you achieve this you then qualify to stay perminantely.

Hope this helps
Old Apr 14th 2003, 9:30 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by golden girl
We spoke with an immigration agency who gave us another option on how to get in.

You can go on a temporary 4 year visa (don't let the word 'temporary' scare you).

You would have to either start up your own business or search for a job whilst you are out there. You have to earn 75,000 Aus dollars in a year (approx £28,900). If you achieve this you then qualify to stay perminantely.

Hope this helps
I think you also have to employ a number of Aussies either full or part time as part of the requirements.
Sean
Old Apr 15th 2003, 12:39 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Another option is to do a uni course! You can stay for as long as the course takes to complete. It has to be full time tho'. If the degree is 4 yrs long, you can stay for 4 yrs!
The courses are pricey tho'.......
Old Apr 15th 2003, 2:41 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by cresta57
I think you also have to employ a number of Aussies either full or part time as part of the requirements.
Sean

My aunt is going over on one of these visas, they are ok. BUT you have to employ 4 australians within 4 years and I'm sure she told me you cannot get a mortgage and can only buy outright on a property, because you only get a temporary visa and not a pr,and should the business fail then she has got to come home, shes ok. she has money behind her but it is a risk, you may want to have a chat with an agent who will be able to give you better advice, there are some good ones on this forum. It is also a one off visa, she has a time limit to get out there and if she doesn't get the business up and running within the four years then no further visas are isssued. However is she does O.K. then she gets a PR. THINGS IN LIFE WORTH HAVING ARE NEVER EASY!!!
Old Apr 15th 2003, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Default Thanks everyone

Cheers for the info. Will check out the business thing...not sure if we have the cash for it...who am i kidding...know we haven't! But you never know!

Golden Girl - you mentioned that you can get a temp visa for 4 years and go and look for a job. If you have any further info on this would be appreciated too. Will go off and search the Aus Immig website though too.
Old Apr 15th 2003, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

LouiseB is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stoney
Originally posted by millertime
Hi there

Just claim asylum. it works in the UK

Stoney,
you are in great danger of turning into one of these trolls that you are always moaning about...