Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there anywhere to view the aeroplanes at Perth Airport?

Is there anywhere to view the aeroplanes at Perth Airport?

Old Dec 23rd 2006, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is there anywhere to view the aeroplanes at Perth Airport?

Just wondering.

I don't think there is an actual viewing area within the terminals is there?

You see the planes coming in quite low over the Swan Valley but it would be nice to take the children to watch (as they love them!)

Cheers all.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 1:51 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there anywhere to view the aeroplanes at Perth Airport?

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Just wondering.

You see the planes coming in quite low over the Swan Valley but it would be nice to take the children to watch (as they love them!)

Cheers all.

Just wondering if it would be better to view them at Jandcot (unsure of spelling but the domestic airport)
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Just wondering if it would be better to view them at Jandcot (unsure of spelling but the domestic airport)
Yes we do go down to Jandakot now and again. Tiny private planes........we want to see the BIG ONES!!
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Careful everyone. It's bad enough being acused of Godzoners let alone plane spotters.

Whatever next, trainspotters?
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:12 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Careful everyone. It's bad enough being acused of Godzoners let alone plane spotters.

It's a slippery slope. Now where is that notebook and timetable?
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:43 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering.

Cheers all.
I am not sure about the International terminal but at the Qantas domestic one you can go through to departures without a ticket and watch from there (I have flown from there 5 times in the last 6 months) you just need to go through security.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:46 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering.

Cheers all.
Yes there is definitely a viewing platform at the international arrivals. We watched the parents land from the UK (well from Singapore). Go to the back of the building and take the lift up to the top. It gets very hot up there but great for the kids.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 3:59 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

we want to see the BIG ONES!!

Can't you just squint your eyes and pretend ?
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 4:07 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Want to borrow an anorak?.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Yes there is definitely a viewing platform at the international arrivals. We watched the parents land from the UK (well from Singapore). Go to the back of the building and take the lift up to the top. It gets very hot up there but great for the kids.
Fantastic you are a star!

Will do.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by worzel
I am not sure about the International terminal but at the Qantas domestic one you can go through to departures without a ticket and watch from there (I have flown from there 5 times in the last 6 months) you just need to go through security.
I didn't realise you could go through security. Expect there are a few more planes coming and going at the Domestic.

I make no apology for being an anorak. Father is a pilot so it's in the blood. 3 year old could name A-Z of different aeroplanes aged two and he learned to count using aeroplane examples.

Whatever floats your boat I suppose
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 6:54 am
sme
......in the sand !

Absolutely - my eldest wants to join the Air force and is starting air cadets come February
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 7:06 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't realise you could go through security. Expect there are a few more planes coming and going at the Domestic.

I make no apology for being an anorak. Father is a pilot so it's in the blood. 3 year old could name A-Z of different aeroplanes aged two and he learned to count using aeroplane examples.

I used to work for BAe and saw the things being put together.. half a dozen jets nose to tail is a mighty impressive production line.
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 1:06 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic you are a star!

Will do.
You are very welcome!!