Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there anyone on here moving to Australia in June??

Is there anyone on here moving to Australia in June??

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Iando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is there anyone on here moving to Australia in June??

I dont think we could keep the kids off the bikes for 10 weeks!
I think that will be the last job as the removal van pulls up
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Kryptonix will become famous soon enoughKryptonix will become famous soon enough

When are everyone scheduling their removals out of interest?.. I'm thinking a month or so before I leave and buying an airbed in the meantime? or is everyone leaving it till closer to the big day?
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Iando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant future

2 days before for us - thought same day might be too much of a scramble
Booked a hotel for 2 nights to get last minute bits sorted
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kryptonix
When are everyone scheduling their removals out of interest?.. I'm thinking a month or so before I leave and buying an airbed in the meantime? or is everyone leaving it till closer to the big day?
We move out house 19th june so think 2days or so before that. Havent booked flights yet but thinking between 24 -30 June havent worked out where we will be staying after house goes tho ha ha.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

annamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant future

YES! Can't wait!
How lucky we are to have this opportunity!
Anyone migrating to Brissie please feel free to mail me!
It'd be great to know some people out there!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by annamichelle2310
YES! Can't wait!
How lucky we are to have this opportunity!
Anyone migrating to Brissie please feel free to mail me!
It'd be great to know some people out there!
Maybe we should all meet up in Brissy after we all arrive?

Lorna
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 10:02 pm
Claire

Keg R will become famous soon enoughKeg R will become famous soon enough

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

annamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Maybe we should all meet up in Brissy after we all arrive?

Lorna
Good plan!
Let me know when and where!
SO excited!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Keg R
Hi Claire
Yes I am! Where do you live in Hampshire? I live in Bournemouth! Small world!
Do you know which of the suburbs are best?
I haven't a clue where to start!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:00 am
Claire

Keg R will become famous soon enoughKeg R will become famous soon enough

We're excited too.
Just had a removal company round and not really that keen. Can't believe how expansive it is. Are u taking much stuff??

Suburb hmm.... not to sure yet we're still looking into it, but then again it depends on rich's work. We need to go where the work is (if there's any).

It would be good for the june brissys to meet up because I know for a fact I'm going to miss everyone here BIG time. So the sooner I make friend the better .

Claire.

Originally Posted by annamichelle2310
Hi Claire
Yes I am! Where do you live in Hampshire? I live in Bournemouth! Small world!
Do you know which of the suburbs are best?
I haven't a clue where to start!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

We're excited too.
Just had a removal company round and not really that keen. Can't believe how expansive it is. Are u taking much stuff??

Suburb hmm.... not to sure yet we're still looking into it, but then again it depends on rich's work. We need to go where the work is (if there's any).

It would be good for the june brissys to meet up because I know for a fact I'm going to miss everyone here BIG time. So the sooner I make friend the better .

Claire.
We are moving Northside of brissy. Around the Narangba or Burpengary area's.
Went last May for a look around a stayed In Caloundra but think we need to be nearer the city for work.
Lorna
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

I will check those places out on the net.
Am selling everything up so will just be me, my clothes, gym equipment and pushbike!
And the open Aussie Road!
Woohoo!Can't wait!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Oakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to all

Hi everyone,
Was wondering if there was anyone moving to australia in june...If so then how are the plans going because it seems like i've got a list as long as my arm to sort out still

My hubby is flying out end of april, so i need to get everything sorted before he goes... I'm so stressed

It would be nice to hear from you all (if theres anyone)

Claire
I think you hit the nail on the head (Is there anyone on here moving to Australia in June ) .... amazed at the amount of replys and how many people myself included are takeing the plunge
well good luck

And if anyone knows of any Sydney North shore work or openings for a good allround carpenter joiner arriving last week in june give us a PM

Good Luck see ye down there
Old Apr 4th 2009, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

josie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant future

Hi Jo,
We've got to be there before the 14th july so thats why we're going out there end of june. The prices for flights just keep going up, so if anyone on here gets a bargain then please forward to all us june's lol.

Its the only time i'm going to get it all clean all that stuff because i've got 2 weeks off and the children can help
Are u flying on your own??
I've not told anyone yet because i can't find the right words.... i'm worried everyones going to be negative about it all. I come from a very close family that don't like change.

Claire
Hi Claire,

we to have got to validate by the 14th july!!! i haven't looked at flight prices yet but don't expect them to be cheap, was gonna try and get a migrant fare so we can take extra baggage with us but don't know how easy thay are to come by?

there are 5 of us altogether me and hubby (mark) and 3 off spring,(18, 17 and 13) and we are all VERY EXCITED, but still waiting for house sale to complete so trying to keep myself well grounded until the house is gone!

we are planning to live south of brissie, between brissie and the gold coast, i have a job already in brisbane so will have to commute but wanted to be nearer to the beaches, but not sure exactly where yet

we've just started getting prices for containers ( £3400 for a 20 footer) and thought we would send it the beginning of may so it's there by mid july so hopefully there when we have a rental house to move into, we are moving into my parents once the house has sold but not sure how we will all get on!!

my heart goes out to you not telling your family yet, have you not told anyone??? i think also that best to get it out of the way, you will feel much better for it, there are always people that are negative but sometimes just think people are jealous, it's such an opportunity to live in oz and i'm sure your like us nothing would change our minds, we have had our heart set on moving to oz for years

would defo be up for meeting people over there that would be GREAT

jo
Old Apr 4th 2009, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hsherriff will become famous soon enoughHsherriff will become famous soon enough

Hi
We have to validate before july 15th so we leaving on 1st July to Perth.
Myself m Hubby and 3 kids who will be 22 20 and 16 when we get there..

Have looked into costs of shipping companies etc and we have had quotes of 10k euro for a 40ft container and 6k for a 20 ft.. Two dogs are just under 2k euro..
We are in Belgium and there is not the same amount of companies as in uk which is a pity..
I have however found a company who supplies and ships the containers and it is a lot cheaper. It does mean we have to do everything ourselves which I have to say is a bit daunting and I am still looking into eveything that I need to do but its going to be saving me thousands..

I am starting to pack things away now but its slow proccess we have soooooo much junk lol

It is indeed stressful moving for sure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.