Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there anyone else not heading to <insert city here>?

Is there anyone else not heading to <insert city here>?

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:38 pm

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice
Default Is there anyone else not heading to <insert city here>?

I know why most people who are emigrating pick one of the major Australian cities or one its suburbs, but I was wondering where else in Australia people are heading and why?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:03 am

username02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really niceusername02 is just really nice
Default Re: Is there anyone else not heading to <insert city here>?

I guess not...
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by schwuk
I guess not...
we're heading to Townsville in Northern QLD, mainly cos OH has got a job there!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light

we're heading to Hervey Bay, 3 hours north of Brisbane. Mainly cos we fell in love with it on a reccie and also cos my brother and his family live there. Heading there November this year.
We always intended to go to Brisbane city and when my brother told us he was moving from Brisbane to Hervey Bay we thought there was no way we would join them there - but that was before we went there!
We love it and hopefully jobs won't be too hard to get - my husband is a car spraypainter and on our reccie we visited a few who said there was always plenty of work for him.
If that hadn't been the case we would have been forced to go to a big city.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by schwuk
I know why most people who are emigrating pick one of the major Australian cities or one its suburbs, but I was wondering where else in Australia people are heading and why?
We'll be heading to Tasmania once our house is sold.... Went on a reccie in november to Perth and Hobart - and preferred Hobart out of the two...
Upset relatives a little bit though as the OH's sister has lived in Perth for 17years and completely expected us to choose there but we picked the other side of OZ instead......