Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is there any prohibition in taking a train or bus with baggage?

Old Sep 27th 2009, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Jhon Krommer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default is there any prohibition in taking a train or bus with baggage?

I was searching in internet and found that it is very very expensive to take a taxi from the sydney airport so it is recommended to take a train or a bus and I would like to ask:
Old Sep 27th 2009, 11:51 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is there any prohibition in taking a train or bus with baggage?

Originally Posted by Jhon Krommer
I was searching in internet and found that it is very very expensive to take a taxi from the sydney airport so it is recommended to take a train or a bus and I would like to ask:
Heaps of people do it.... I have also
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:06 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

It's not necessarily that expensive compared to the cost of train fares....if you are travelling into the city that is. If there is only one of you then the train is cheaper, 2 of you then a taxi is probably worth it purely for convenience (and if you avoid the tolls at the right time of day can cost about the same as 2 train tix). 3 of you...definitely get the taxi.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

If you're going to a hotel many will have free/inexpensive shuttle services. But in answer to your question, you can take your bags on the train or bus.