Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there absolutely anything that we have missed? Desperate to get over there...

Is there absolutely anything that we have missed? Desperate to get over there...

Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:56 am
Just Joined

TheBuckos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is there absolutely anything that we have missed? Desperate to get over there...

Hi guys,

Another newbie im afraid...i'll try to keep this short...

Me & my hubby to be are desperate to get over to Oz, we did a Working hol visa for a yr a few yrs back and fell in love with the place..not only that, i have my entire family over there on my mums side, my nan, aunty's and uncles and cousins. So would love to get back there and be with them.

We have looked at lots of options to get over to Oz, my partner and I dont have any trades as such...my partner is working in a warehouse at present...and i am working as a I.T support advisor..(which i know is on the list, but have heard that they want something like 8 or 9 yrs experience) I've only just started that job, plus its a part time job, also an inhouse system...so its not gonna work that option!

We have no capital over here, so when looking at student visa, we wouldnt be able to fund ourselves and 2 kids whilst one of us studies..

My family over there are willing to sponsor us, but obviously i think we would still need a trade or skill...to come over with?

So the only thing i have come up with is me re-training, and at present i have chosen to do nurse training..as its something ive always wanted to do anyway...its gonna take 3 yrs, studying then 1 yrs work experience, and technically we could get over there....

Does anyone know of any quicker or easier route...that maybe we have missed??

If any thoughts I would be eternally grateful...x
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there absolutely anything that we have missed? Desperate to get over there...

Sounds like you have looked at all the option.
You can get sponsored in regional Australia with no work experiance though, and I think the 457 visa normally (not sure for nurse) requires EITHER qualification or experiance. Could cut a year off, as I'm sure it would be hard to find a sponsor being a nurse.