Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thats us got the ball rolling!

Thats us got the ball rolling!

Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:55 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all
Thumbs up Thats us got the ball rolling!

Hi everyone, just needing to share with someone! We went through to Edinburgh on Wednesday to meet our agent, sign the papers and pay the money. So thats it started now at last.

Feel a bit odd about the unknown journey ahead of us, scared and excited at the same time. Can't wait to be there but what a thought all the stuff that needs done beforehand.

Any way just had to share, none of my family understand the enormity of it all

ob

Last edited by Sue; Jan 21st 2007 at 7:59 pm. Reason: Disconnected from usenet and moved to Lifestyle forum
Old Jan 21st 2007, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Thats us got the ball rolling!

Hi good for you. Just wanted to say the best of luck. It is a long, sometimes frustrating process but hang in there.

Donna & Neil
Old Jan 21st 2007, 5:41 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by oz bound
Hi everyone, just needing to share with someone! We went through to Edinburgh on Wednesday to meet our agent, sign the papers and pay the money. So thats it started now at last.

Feel a bit odd about the unknown journey ahead of us, scared and excited at the same time. Can't wait to be there but what a thought all the stuff that needs done beforehand.

ob
well done, hold on tight its a bumpy ride . its been 8 months since we first started the process and our families still dont understand (with the exception of my sister). now you just have to be ready for 'that' question from family and friends every time you see them.........."have you heard anything yet" it drives me mad
good luck
tracey & steve
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:43 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by want2bthere
well done, hold on tight its a bumpy ride . its been 8 months since we first started the process and our families still dont understand (with the exception of my sister). now you just have to be ready for 'that' question from family and friends every time you see them.........."have you heard anything yet" it drives me mad
good luck
tracey & steve

I have actually made a badge up with 'no i dont have a date yet' on it!!! i need to do this before i punch someone and get prematurely ejected from my job

Nev
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:44 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by redlion
I have actually made a badge up with 'no i dont have a date yet' on it!!! i need to do this before i punch someone and get prematurely ejected from my job

Nev
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice

Originally Posted by oz bound

ob
Good luck to you!! We only submitted in December and I'm already sick of people asking us if we have heard anything yet! And the kids keep going on and on about when will we go?!!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Oz bound! I know what you mean! I am waiting til 10pm uk time so i can ring agent and pay to get the same ball rolling!
Im a bit different though as i havent really told many people. the kids know cos obviously they need to know, and my boss knows cos she is gonna be doing a reference, my brother in oz knows but that is it. i havent told my parents yet cos i know it is going to break their hearts and i cant face it jsut yet. i plan to tell them when me and my daughter come back from our holiday at easter. its not something i am looking forward too. i know it will devastate my mum but i have to do this for me and my children.
mandy
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Originally Reading - now the Beautiful Central Coast!
MurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really niceMurphFam is just really nice

Originally Posted by daunted
Oz bound! I know what you mean! I am waiting til 10pm uk time so i can ring agent and pay to get the same ball rolling!
Im a bit different though as i havent really told many people. the kids know cos obviously they need to know, and my boss knows cos she is gonna be doing a reference, my brother in oz knows but that is it. i havent told my parents yet cos i know it is going to break their hearts and i cant face it jsut yet. i plan to tell them when me and my daughter come back from our holiday at easter. its not something i am looking forward too. i know it will devastate my mum but i have to do this for me and my children.
mandy
We haven't told many people - kids are under threat not to tell any of their friends and good as gold they have been about that! They are dying to let friends know but I'm so worried that something will go wrong. My parents know - they live in Spain and my sister knows - she lives in Melbourne. Few other close friends know but not hubby's parents - elderly and we know they are going to be very upset so biding our time on that one! Father-in-law is wondering why we are doing the house up at the mo though! But then lots of people do their houses up at this time of year so we're using that one as an excuse!

How's your agent been? My sister had a bad experience with an agent - so we're going it alone - sooooo scary especially as I did it all myself!! Fingers crossed not missed anything out!!

Tracy