Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thats the reason why

Thats the reason why

Old Mar 19th 2005, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default Thats the reason why

My family have been lucky over the years to have had holidays in Perth,Florida,Spain and the like,but last week my son said to me "Daddy do we have any beaches in england" so i told him yes we do,but they are mainly stones and if we do get a warm day it takes hours to get to it,because thats where every body is off to.....and now i look at it "Thats the reason why" we are trying to go to Oz...not the only reason but a good enough one
Old Mar 19th 2005, 7:38 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Thats the reason why

Originally Posted by Steve2438
My family have been lucky over the years to have had holidays in Perth,Florida,Spain and the like,but last week my son said to me "Daddy do we have any beaches in england" so i told him yes we do,but they are mainly stones and if we do get a warm day it takes hours to get to it,because thats where every body is off to.....and now i look at it "Thats the reason why" we are trying to go to Oz...not the only reason but a good enough one

Kids say the cutest things sometimes (I assume your son is a kid still and not a twenty-something )
Old Mar 19th 2005, 7:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I take it you are not headed for Alice Springs then
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:00 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I take it you are not headed for Alice Springs then

Ah, but there's a river there, they even have a regatta there each year, I saw it in 2004. Its hilarious, like the flintstones; as the river is completely dry they just run down it with their legs out the bottom of the boats!
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:02 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya,
I hate to point fault with the plan, but it would have been easir to just move to the coast

I still think it's a good reason though.

Alternatively maybe you just need a big water feature in your garden with it's own beach

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:02 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Camber Sands in Sussex is the best beach I`ve seen in England. Actually, not quite true.... Perrenporth has great beaches, but it`s a bit harder to get to (Cornwall).
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:03 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Nope not a really good reason - the time to take the kids to a beach (or any family place) is a better one which you can do in any country.
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:27 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

There are some fabulous beaches in Northumberland but none as good as the one I've been to today

Although the beaches are nice in Northumberland the water of the North Sea is black, nothing like the blue water of the Indian Ocean....
Old Mar 19th 2005, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Yes to still being a kid only 9 and trying to head to Perth,I know full of poms already but its the only place in Oz i know so have to start somewhere...i live near the coast in the UK and yeah we MAY have one or two ok beaches but what a night mare getting two it...beach in the back garden i like that idea
Old Mar 19th 2005, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi Stormz

try Botany Bay, between Margate and Broadstairs!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 1:06 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz
Camber Sands in Sussex is the best beach I`ve seen in England. Actually, not quite true.... Perrenporth has great beaches, but it`s a bit harder to get to (Cornwall).

I went to Hayle beach in Cornwall a few years ago, we had a great time there. Really nice sandy beach. We did have good weather that week though which I suppose did make the beach seem extra white and sandy. The missus (Australian) even took a photo to send back to the mother in law to show her that nice, sandy beaches do exist in England.!! I liked the fact though that there was a pub nearby run by a local west ham suppoter LOL. First place I wathced a 20/20 cricket game on TV I believe.