Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

thanks to lad who muged me

thanks to lad who muged me

Old Nov 6th 2005, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough
Default thanks to lad who muged me

well id just like to say,thanks to the coloured lad who mugged me for my mobile phone on a packed train at ilford.you must have balls the size of coconuts.this is just one of the reasons why im taking my wife and children out of this country. if you tried harder at school you would not have to go around stealing from honest hard working people to feed a drug habit,well when your in your prison cell and im on the beach with my children who will have the last laugh.roll on jan 16th 2006 when i fly to perth on a one way ticket.im not sorry if i offend any body with this thread,because at the moment im offended by the lack of respect for people and there property
Old Nov 6th 2005, 8:33 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thanks to lad who muged me

Originally Posted by angela&rob
well id just like to say,thanks to the coloured lad who mugged me for my mobile phone on a packed train at ilford.you must have balls the size of coconuts.this is just one of the reasons why im taking my wife and children out of this country. if you tried harder at school you would not have to go around stealing from honest hard working people to feed a drug habit,well when your in your prison cell and im on the beach with my children who will have the last laugh.roll on jan 16th 2006 when i fly to perth on a one way ticket.im not sorry if i offend any body with this thread,because at the moment im offended by the lack of respect for people and there property
Wow, what can I say - I really feel for you. Such an experience is really upsetting. This sort of crap can happen anywhere I'm afraid and Australia is now one of the number one drug using countries in the world so there is no getting away from it here either

I would however say that I find here in Australia that generally people have more respect for others property and each other. Not speaking from a crime level, of which petty crime is higher than the UK, rather from an overall cultural attitude. I think that comes from the "mateness" and more open friendly attitude. It could be rubbish but heck thats the way it has always felt to me.

I also think that racial tensions are lessened here in Australia for no other reason that there not being a large intake of African nationals of first generation or large ethnic community areas. The culture is just very different here and I for one prefer it.

In any instance I'm really sorry to hear your misfortune and hope that you can move on quickly and not allow this to get to you too much.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:41 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Really feel for you Rob. So sorry this has happened.
My son was mugged 3 years ago (he was 12 at the time). Thieving little b*****ds took money from him after knocking him off his bike into the road. They were after his mobile phone which fortunately he had left at home. He got his own back though after giving the police such good descriptions. They caught them and put them into juvenile detention.
Should have thrown away the key
This all happened at 4.15 on a Monday afternoon, and the sad but realistic thing is, is that no one came to my son's aid. People are just too scared to.

Julie
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one. Enjoy your new life. Lets hope the puluka on the train ends up serving Her Majesty!
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:50 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

you will have the last laugh

good luck with your new life

jan xx
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

angela&rob I am so sorry to hear this, I hope you are ok and I understand your reasons for leaving guys,
all the luck in the world to you
hugs Lace xxx
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:02 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

What can I say, I am so sorry to read this. It must have been a terrible experience. If I can offer you any consolation it would be that my husband was attacked by a mob 5 months before we came to Brisbane and it just made us more desperate to get here and more grateful to be here.
We are loving it here now and hardly give them a second thought where as we were consumed with it in England.

Old Nov 7th 2005, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

You are having the last laugh, you are making something of yourselves, what do you think will become of him, prison, or in a ditch somewhere. Good luck
Old Nov 7th 2005, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this happen to you. I certainly understand your anger and that the race of the evil plonker is the only thing that you can see at the moment. I say this as a "coloured" person myself.

However they do have large numbers of non African "coloureds" in Australia and they do have muggers of all races, although I am not sure how it compares to the UK. In the news recently here in Sydney an old man was mugged by a blonde woman - it was reported because he pulled out some of her hair! I was almost divested of my purse by 2 men of middle eastern appearance at a railway station. I can see why one would focus on the race especially if you are white but at the end of the day they are evil men of which there is of no lack in every race.

Also I agree with the previous poster that Australia has a more prominent drug culture than the UK. A large number of burglaries over here are to fund drug habits. I know people in Sydney and Brisbane who have woken up to find burglars looking at them and these in nice housing estates.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Princess Leia
Old Nov 7th 2005, 1:58 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Princess Leia

Also I agree with the previous poster that Australia has a more prominent drug culture than the UK.
Princess Leia
I disagree as I can't score any decent gear anywhere
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

Originally Posted by fraser
I disagree as I can't score any decent gear anywhere
It's simple. Just look up at the telephone lines and if you can see some runner shoes thrown up there and hanging by the laces you know that there is a dealer in the neighbourhood. It's a bit like a territory marker. I've seen these shoes in all different kinds of suburbs in Sydney. Or failing that you can come and visit me and I will take you to the nice young family over the road with three littlers and one more on the way - they'll supply you.

Or if you are really desperate just ask one of the stoned looking people (some with prams) who throw up on the trains.

Princess Leia
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:47 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Also I agree with the previous poster that Australia has a more prominent drug culture than the UK.
Princess Leia
Hmmm. Not sure if I agree.
I was involved with drug testing in the UK and it was amazing how rife it was within groups that you would not expect to find drug abuse. Certainly not the type of people who would break into your houses as they were mainly wealthy professionals. I believe this group is smaller in Australia by %.
Maybe the % of yobs type are closer. But I do beleive that Australia is behind Europe and US by years when it comes to testing but no so many years with the amount of addicts.
Scary stuff when all UK based pilots, train drivers, "hazardous material" truck drivers etc., all get routine, random and for cause testing in the UK for drugs and alcohol but not over here as it "infringes" their rights. Bugger the circumstances of them making a mistake whilst they're stoned!

Andrew
Old Nov 7th 2005, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

It's simple. Just look up at the telephone lines and if you can see some runner shoes thrown up there and hanging by the laces you know that there is a dealer in the neighbourhood. It's a bit like a territory marker. I've seen these shoes in all different kinds of suburbs in Sydney.
Think that's a bit of an urban myth.

What are you supposed to do if you want to score - knock on every house in the street with shoes hanging up nearby - "Excuse me - Are you a drug dealer?".

Do you think the dealers really want to advertise the fact they live in the area - because the police will notice shoes hanging in the power lines, too.

Kids do the shoe thing, they think it's funny.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

It's simple. Just look up at the telephone lines and if you can see some runner shoes thrown up there and hanging by the laces you know that there is a dealer in the neighbourhood. It's a bit like a territory marker. I've seen these shoes in all different kinds of suburbs in Sydney. Or failing that you can come and visit me and I will take you to the nice young family over the road with three littlers and one more on the way - they'll supply you.

Princess Leia
You learn something every day dont you

Near us is a absolute dive block of flats called The Last Resort its a big flash tourist area full of luxury resorts, but this one block remains hence the play on the name, you can score whatever you want or whoever you want :scared: knew all that but had never twigged why the shoes were up there.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
You learn something every day dont you

Near us is a absolute dive block of flats called The Last Resort its a big flash tourist area full of luxury resorts, but this one block remains hence the play on the name, you can score whatever you want or whoever you want :scared: knew all that but had never twigged why the shoes were up there.
Hi , my son has just been here on hols, he works at st mungos in London, he works with drug addict and acoholics, he went round the rehabs in South west and in PERTH, and attended severel meetings as he is hoping to work here, and he reckons we have just as big a problem here as they have in the UK,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.