Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

THANK YOU AUSTRALIA

THANK YOU AUSTRALIA

Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:41 pm
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice
Default Re: THANK YOU AUSTRALIA

I have nothing to say thank you for. If it wasn't for Australia, I could still be living with my family in 5 years
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:02 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
I frequent both the Australian and Middle East sections of this forum. What I find strange is that The british seem to hate Australia, yet love Dubai. They complain about racism in Australia, yet they come here in droves and get themselves a poor little servant from the sub-continent to treat like sh*t. The price of property here is extortionate, yet the company pays for it, so therefore it's acceptable and makes them feel very self-important. They're being made redundant in droves, yet they're fighting tooth and nail to stay here. They love the weather because the sun shines all the time (through a thick cloud of dust and pollution). But hey, the shopping malls are better than Australia and after all that's all that counts isn't it.

Australia has so much to offer for quality of life and yet people constantly feel the need to whine about it.
Whilst I agree with some sentiments, you should probably realise that the vocal MINORITY of British migrants seem to create that impression on the forums from time to time. Whereas the reality is very different. More people settle sucessfully in Australia and are happy with it than not.

But then - I'm having another bloody awesome day threads would be kinda boring after a time. So I just settle on being smugly happy here instead.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

This thread is not intended for airing any controversy or off-loading steam, you have numerous other threads for doing so.

This thread is just to say THANK YOU AUSTRALIA, if you have a reason to or just feel like it.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by caliburn
This thread is not intended for airing any controversy or off-loading steam, you have numerous other threads for doing so.

This thread is just to say THANK YOU AUSTRALIA, if you have a reason to or just feel like it.
Ok. I understood. Lemme be the first one...

Thank you Australia.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you Australia for my little 30 minutes of R and R each weekday...Neighbours! LOVE it
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

Thankyou Australia for not airing Corrie or Emmerdale.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:07 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kim67
I frequent both the Australian and Middle East sections of this forum. What I find strange is that The british seem to hate Australia, yet love Dubai. They complain about racism in Australia, yet they come here in droves and get themselves a poor little servant from the sub-continent to treat like sh*t. The price of property here is extortionate, yet the company pays for it, so therefore it's acceptable and makes them feel very self-important. They're being made redundant in droves, yet they're fighting tooth and nail to stay here. They love the weather because the sun shines all the time (through a thick cloud of dust and pollution). But hey, the shopping malls are better than Australia and after all that's all that counts isn't it.

Australia has so much to offer for quality of life and yet people constantly feel the need to whine about it.
Thankgod those type of Poms go to Dubai and not OZ, l'm glad they hate OZ so those of us that like it don't have to put up with them
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Thank you Australia for getting me 18,156 kilometers from my in laws. For that I will truly be forever grateful.
Thank you Australia for getting me within 20Km of my in laws
Old Jul 7th 2009, 2:19 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Australia for taking my drivers licence away from me and issuing me with all those speeding and parking fines.

Thank you Australia for regulating everything that makes my day to day life so much easier...

Thank you Australia for the 33% luxury car tax.

Last edited by Deancm; Jul 7th 2009 at 2:21 am.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61)

Originally Posted by Deancm
Thank you Australia for taking my drivers licence away from me and issuing me with all those speeding and parking fines.

Thank you Australia for regulating everything that makes my day to day life so much easier...

Thank you Australia for the 33% luxury car tax.
Is that luxury car a Porsche, BMW or Ferrari? 33% tax? Too bad, should've been 133%. You got speeding ticket as well? What a surprize! Too much regulation? Who cares, you are good at breaking them anyways.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:41 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Thank-you Australia for supplying me with endless examples of the kind of lugubrious whinge-bags who made blighty such a tedious place to live.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you australia for......

Urm...

Yeah....

Thinking.......

Well i do rather like red rock chilli chips
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:48 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Thank-you Australia for supplying me with endless examples of the kind of lugubrious whinge-bags who made blighty such a tedious place to live.
If you weren't already married....
Old Jul 7th 2009, 9:58 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caliburn
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61)

Is that luxury car a Porsche, BMW or Ferrari? 33% tax? Too bad, should've been 133%. You got speeding ticket as well? What a surprize! Too much regulation? Who cares, you are good at breaking them anyways.
I was having a joke you knob!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 10:14 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Thank you australia for......

Urm...

Yeah....

Thinking.......

Well i do rather like red rock chilli chips
Here's something to brighten your otherwise clearly miserable existance, something you can be truely thankful to Australia for: A place to temporarily park your sorry arse. Might not seem like much but imagine life without such a service and you will quickly see its inestimable value, at least until you pop your clogs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.