Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TFN application - must we make appointment?

TFN application - must we make appointment?

Old Feb 19th 2006, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough
Default TFN application - must we make appointment?

Hi All

Need to get my TFN sorted tomorrow (Monday), I want to go in person to Upper Mount Gravatt - Brisbane...

Please could somebody let me know if we can just arrive and complete applications as we did with Medicare - or do we need to make an appointment?

Many Thanks
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:07 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TFN application - must we make appointment?

As far as i am aware....you can apply for it on line

http://www.ato.gov.au/

Rob

Originally Posted by Teri
Hi All

Need to get my TFN sorted tomorrow (Monday), I want to go in person to Upper Mount Gravatt - Brisbane...

Please could somebody let me know if we can just arrive and complete applications as we did with Medicare - or do we need to make an appointment?

Many Thanks
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
As far as i am aware....you can apply for it on line

http://www.ato.gov.au/

Rob
Yup, if you are here and not an Aussie citizen you can do it online. Hubby well peed off - I was able to do mine online, he had to do his in person.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:20 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

I think that you need a permanent address in Oz.....I may be wrong but i am sure someone here will confirm

Rob
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
I think that you need a permanent address in Oz.....I may be wrong but i am sure someone here will confirm

Rob
Yup . But don't be an Aussie whatever you do
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough

Hi - thanks for the reply's.

We want to just go and do it in person and get it done - seeing that we are driving past that way tomorrow. So - I just wanted to know whether I have to make an appointment.

We have our bank accounts as proof of address and medicare no's as well - along with permanent residency visa in passport.

From what I have read - this should suffice?
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

We want to just go and do it in person and get it done - seeing that we are driving past that way tomorrow. So - I just wanted to know whether I have to make an appointment.

We have our bank accounts as proof of address and medicare no's as well - along with permanent residency visa in passport.

Sorry, yup, just go in with that lot you should be fine.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sorry, yup, just go in with that lot you should be fine.
Many thanks! Got a job very suddenly - start on Wednesday already - so want to wrap up things before then.

Cheers!
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

We were given forms by Centrelink re TFN but they clearly stated that they couldn't be used if you had just emigrated? We had to apply for our TFN online and were advised that it would take up to 28 days to be processed. Don't know if anyone else could throw any light on this for you?

Julia
Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Many thanks! Got a job very suddenly - start on Wednesday already - so want to wrap up things before then.

Cheers!
If you can't get it sorted and do have to do it on line, just tell your employers and they will hold back the excess until the number comes through so you don't have to get it back from the tax office. That's what hubby did anyway.