Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tewantin - Any thoughts?

Tewantin - Any thoughts?

Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:44 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tewantin - Any thoughts?

Thinking of moving to the Tewantin/Noosa area.

I was there a few weeks ago and have been before but only for a week or so. I am a bit concerned it may be a bit too quiet to live on a long term basis.

I know one or two on here live in the area.

I would welcome your thoughts or experience.

G
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:56 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tewantin - Any thoughts?

Hi Grayling, long time mate

I think that is a good choice. Close to Noosa and the Sunshine Coast, great drive along the beach there up to Rainbow Beach, great coastal fishing along that stretch as well.

I suppose it depends on what you are after?

Sasha
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:18 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snappy
Hi Grayling, long time mate

I think that is a good choice. Close to Noosa and the Sunshine Coast, great drive along the beach there up to Rainbow Beach, great coastal fishing along that stretch as well.

I suppose it depends on what you are after?

Sasha
Hi Sasha.

Fishing will do for a start

It's more the social side of things that are concerning me.

G
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Ste&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to all

Hi There,

I lived in Noosa Heads for 5 months back in 98 as a 27 year old. If you are looking for entertainment of the Nightclub variety I would forget it! Not much going on in that respect. However if you enjoy your sports and outdoor lifestyle kind of entertainment you can't go far wrong. The scenery is stunning, the hinterland is literally on top of you and you have the beach 5 mins or so away

Personally if I could land a job in the area then I would be there like a shot but i doubt that they have much of a requirement for Cisco engineers up there

Looks like we shall be going to Brissie then.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 12:54 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
Hi Sasha.

Fishing will do for a start

It's more the social side of things that are concerning me.

G
You may have to join up with the local bowls club Grayling as that seems to be a popular thing over here

I would of thought Noosa would of had a bit of a night thing happening so I'm surprised that it hasn't

Fishing though would be fantastic up there though as you could drive over to the beach going up to Rainbow Beach (I think it is called Tewantin beach or something like 75 mile beach???) grab a good camp spot on the beach front, camp and fish to your hearts content

Or get yourself up here as I was asked to find a trainee for a charter fishing boat that goes out to the reef
Old Feb 15th 2007, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of moving to the Tewantin/Noosa area.

I was there a few weeks ago and have been before but only for a week or so. I am a bit concerned it may be a bit too quiet to live on a long term basis.

I know one or two on here live in the area.

I would welcome your thoughts or experience.

G
Come down to Mooloolaba, plenty to do for a young dude like you
Old Feb 15th 2007, 12:27 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I really like Tewantin and Noosa and think I will end up moving in that direction or the hinterlands around there. Don't think its quiet at all. Sure, Brisbane nightlife it hasnt got but still some great restaurants, bars and all the holiday euphoria that Hastings St has to offer.

I'd say that was an awesome choice. The local community has lots to offer and get involved in.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:55 am
Bitter and twisted

Thanks for those replies

I don't think I was really clear when I started this thread.

I don't really want nightlife such as nightclubs etc.....I'm a bit old for that

I was thinking more about general infrastructure and amenities...for instance my wife does some amateur dramatics or goes to yoga. I like good pubs (but am resigned to Australian ones). We like theatre, cinema etc....my hobby is fishing.

The alternative is Brisbane and, I suppose, I am not sure what would suit us best.....haven't got my head round this retitrment lark yet

G
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:57 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Come down to Mooloolaba, plenty to do for a young dude like you
I'll polish up my Gold chains and medallions then

G
Old Feb 15th 2007, 9:41 pm
I need a beer.....

Thanks for those replies

I was thinking more about general infrastructure and amenities...for instance my wife does some amateur dramatics or goes to yoga. I like good pubs (but am resigned to Australian ones). We like theatre, cinema etc....my hobby is fishing.

The alternative is Brisbane and, I suppose, I am not sure what would suit us best.....haven't got my head round this retitrment lark yet

G
Grayling

I just did a quick search it looks like the things you are mainly looking for are all in the area not necessarily Tewantin but certainly in Noosa. They have a sports centre where they do yoga, each year they have what is called a Long Weekend of arts including drama etc and a theater so I event hough i couldn't find a amateur dramatic society webpage they are bound to have one in the area with a theater. Fishing I've already covered in fact Tewatin is a great base for that...not sure on pubs but there are plenty in around the area.

GO FOR IT It's about flipping time your got your behind over here for good!

Sasha
Old Feb 15th 2007, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

bloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nicebloofox is just really nice

Thanks for those replies

G
Coolum Beach for the quiet life....ammateur drama, theatre, yoga all there and more besides...no good pubs but a good slsc club, a top bowls club, and a decent enough pub ( good by Aussie standards actually) with plenty of social life to make settling in easier.....

Tewantin is better for fishing I expect, but Coolum is a nice place for people of any age...I know I bang on about it from time to time but it's worth a look for anyone, no matter what you need...

Situated as it is between Maroochydore and Noosa, with two decent roads either side of it, Coolum is right between the hubs so there's a busy season and it's still quiet enough to be a village once the tourists clear off....

Anyway, as it's stopped raining it's time for me to go out and remind myself why I love this place....hope you find somewhere you love too...

Tight lines wherever you cast out....
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:03 am
I need a beer.....

Originally Posted by bloofox
Coolum Beach for the quiet life....ammateur drama, theatre, yoga all there and more besides...no good pubs but a good slsc club, a top bowls club, and a decent enough pub ( good by Aussie standards actually) with plenty of social life to make settling in easier.....

Tewantin is better for fishing I expect, but Coolum is a nice place for people of any age...I know I bang on about it from time to time but it's worth a look for anyone, no matter what you need...

Situated as it is between Maroochydore and Noosa, with two decent roads either side of it, Coolum is right between the hubs so there's a busy season and it's still quiet enough to be a village once the tourists clear off....

Anyway, as it's stopped raining it's time for me to go out and remind myself why I love this place....hope you find somewhere you love too...

Tight lines wherever you cast out....
Couldn't agree more as that is where we would move to if we moved to the Sunshine Coast, great little spot there

Hubbie used to go paragliding with a bloke who lived in Coolum so we got to know this area quite well.

Close enough to everything but far enough away to have a bit of peace and quiet. I often recommend it as a place for people to check out on the coastal stretch in that area.

Sasha
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snappy
Hubbie used to go paragliding with a bloke who lived in Coolum so we got to know this area quite well.
A paraglider eh, what club was he in in the UK? I was in the Southern HG club for many years.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:19 am
I need a beer.....

Originally Posted by renth
A paraglider eh, what club was he in in the UK? I was in the Southern HG club for many years.
Now your asking He had only just passed the course when we left through a company in Abergavenny so I don't think he ever joined an official club as we were about to leave when he got his licence (i might have to ask him though??).....it took him forever as the weather was so awful.

We used to go to Rhosilli in South Wales, great views. He also went over to Spain with Fly Spain and did some pretty high flying over there...even his UK instuctor was nervous! Here though I think the one he enjoyed the most was on Rainbow Beach off the pyramid where you can fly over double island point....great views and he took some amazing pictures from up there.

Sorry G for taking over your thread
Old Feb 16th 2007, 4:00 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

G, isnt Noosa just beautiful

Dont know about fishing, but we saw a couple of golf ranges in Noosa if you fancy a change

As for pubs, sadly lacking in my experience

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.