Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Test Your Knowledge of the UK

Test Your Knowledge of the UK

Old May 11th 2004, 1:58 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Test Your Knowledge of the UK

The BBC has another one of those national quizzes coming up, this time on your knowledge of the UK. Mine was a little rusty but I scored 47/75 which is apparently in the top 20%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/testthenation/index2.shtml
Old May 11th 2004, 2:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Test Your Knowledge of the UK

Originally posted by jayr
The BBC has another one of those national quizzes coming up, this time on your knowledge of the UK. Mine was a little rusty but I scored 47/75 which is apparently in the top 20%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/testthenation/index2.shtml

53 out of 75, still a true Pommie at heart.
Old May 11th 2004, 2:25 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

50 out of 75 Truly a Great Briton is what it called me.
Old May 11th 2004, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

I love those quizzes.

Got 51/75 which is not bad considering I've not lived there for 24 years, not been there for 7 years and had to guess a lot of the answers

When they did one of those quizzes here a couple of years ago, the people who came off worst (they were way behind the teachers/students/blondes etc) were the New Zealanders!
Old May 11th 2004, 4:06 am
rudo1ph

OOOOPS!!!! Well my excuse is that I must be too young to remember more than half of those answers hence a score of.........OH DEAR!!! 37 :scared:

Old May 11th 2004, 4:10 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

My excuse is Im an aussie - so I did the Relationship quiz instead
Old May 11th 2004, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Oops...I only scored 37 as well. Don't have an excuse really. Only lived in UK for the last 10 years and wasn't too concerned about politics or royalty, was much more concerned with having a good time. Never read the paper over there, and hardly ever watched the news on the TV. At that time of the evening, I was normally at the gym, or relaxing in the pub.

Regards
Old May 11th 2004, 6:21 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
My excuse is Im an aussie - so I did the Relationship quiz instead

Did you score?

I guessed 150 when I started out and scored 177, I was pretty happy with that.
Old May 11th 2004, 6:27 am
rudo1ph

Did you score?

I guessed 170 and scored 186 I'm just a hopeless old (young!!!!) romantic!!

Old May 11th 2004, 6:38 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess 150 and got 173
Old May 11th 2004, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by rudo1ph
I guessed 170 and scored 186 I'm just a hopeless old (young!!!!) romantic!!
I took the great british testand scored 49 not bad eh I have been out of the UK for the past 16 years
Old May 11th 2004, 8:03 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Did you score?

Guessed 190 (nothing like optimism! ), then scored 195.
Old May 11th 2004, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

57 out of 70 on the National Quiz; 51 out of 75 on the Great British Quiz - not bad for an Aussie. Will try the others eventually.

OzTennis
Old May 11th 2004, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

carryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura aboutcarryon has a spectacular aura about

43 out of 75 on the great british test, that puts me in the top 20% too, well pleased! Funny i got all the entertainment questions correct, obviously spend far to much time watching t.v.
Now lets get the wife to have a go, that will bring the average down!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 11th 2004, 6:20 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

43 out of 75 for me too. very tricky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.