Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Term Starts soon, can anyone lend me $900?

Term Starts soon, can anyone lend me $900?

Old Jan 10th 2006, 12:26 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Term Starts soon, can anyone lend me $900?

Because that's how much it costs for books, pencils, stationery etc... for 3 kids at a govt. primary school.

They want "voluntary contributions" on top of this. I don't think I'll be able to afford these this year.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:07 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Term Starts soon, can anyone lend me $900?

Originally Posted by renth
Because that's how much it costs for books, pencils, stationery etc... for 3 kids at a govt. primary school.

They want "voluntary contributions" on top of this. I don't think I'll be able to afford these this year.
Best start sending you kids out to work then!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Send them to school with bare feet, they'll live

Seriously though, how come so much? Our single fee one is circa $100 or something, can you get a reduction on having 3? Guess you must have a load of text books to buy and you probably get asked for more being in a posh place BTW Joondlaup was mentioned in the West Aussie as being a place for battlers!
Larissa
The Battler
Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

bri.thomson will become famous soon enough

Ha Ha Ha Renth
Maybe the school is better at teaching than what you have said previously on this form?

By charging you $900 they are possibly TEACHING you a lesson

Dig deep, kids education is priceless !!!!!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:52 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Know what you mean,im about $500 between my two school kids,thats even before buying uniforms,shoes etc...
You get a lovely little reminder about 2 weeks before the school ends at christmas time-you owe $$$

Donna.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:16 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by madsad
Know what you mean,im about $500 between my two school kids,thats even before buying uniforms,shoes etc...
You get a lovely little reminder about 2 weeks before the school ends at christmas time-you owe $$$

Donna.
Count yourself lucky guys - we'll have five at school come Feb. I just hope they don't all need their one dictionary and one bible all on the same day!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Hi

That sounds an awful lot for a gov. primary school, is that for a term or all year??

K
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:48 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimi
Hi

That sounds an awful lot for a gov. primary school, is that for a term or all year??

K
That's for a year, for three kids.

What I want to know is what happens to all the stuff left over from the last year, all the pens and pencils that go in the classroom pot, there must be loads of stuff left over?

I'm guessing the left over stuff is used by the people who aren't mug enough to pay the $300 per kid each year.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:48 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by kimi
Hi

K
I agree.
I'm paying out about $150 for the full years books and stationery etc, for one child, in Private school. But then I also have to pay $750 per term for the education.

Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:53 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

$900 for 3 kids education. i'd say that's a bargain. $300 per kid is nothing.

Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:55 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

What happen's if you refuse to pay?

Paul.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:01 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Our bill in Wooldridges on New Year's Eve (we know how to show our kids a good time!) came to $720. This comprised approximately 75% of what it would have cost if we bought everything, so $200 per head would be nearer the mark for us.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

That's for a year, for three kids.

What I want to know is what happens to all the stuff left over from the last year, all the pens and pencils that go in the classroom pot, there must be loads of stuff left over?

I'm guessing the left over stuff is used by the people who aren't mug enough to pay the $300 per kid each year.
Did you get a breakdown of costs for the "voluntary contribution"? At least the school then has some accountability. Could be that some of the contribution is going towards stuff which should be controlled more tightly.

I just think it's a bad system, what happens when the relief teacher turns up halfway through the year and there is no stock to use... think we had this discussion last year
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:06 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
What happen's if you refuse to pay?

Paul.
To be honest its up to you, either pay into the school scheme or you buy each item separately, they say buying each item separately will cost you far more than being in the school scheme.Its just easier i suppose

Donna.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:09 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

can't you download the textbooks off the internet

Originally Posted by madsad
To be honest its up to you, either pay into the school scheme or you buy each item separately, they say buying each item separately will cost you far more than being in the school scheme.Its just easier i suppose

Donna.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.