Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

temporary working visa

temporary working visa

Old Jan 16th 2006, 2:44 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default temporary working visa

My sister toured oz for about 8 months approx 10 years ago and had a visa that allowed her to work whilst travelling to enable her to pay her way round. she now wants to do it again and visit us on her trip but someone has told her that you are only ever granted one such visa and so she wouldnt be able to 'work' her way round again. Can anyone shed any light on this please?
Old Jan 16th 2006, 2:53 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: temporary working visa

Originally Posted by squeezzii
My sister toured oz for about 8 months approx 10 years ago and had a visa that allowed her to work whilst travelling to enable her to pay her way round. she now wants to do it again and visit us on her trip but someone has told her that you are only ever granted one such visa and so she wouldnt be able to 'work' her way round again. Can anyone shed any light on this please?
This used to be the case but not sure if these rules were relaxed for two visits, maybe my mind is playing tricks and I am going mad Maybe it was just the age limit that was extended.

JAJ is the man for this one
Old Jan 16th 2006, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

My cousin travelled round oz on the twelve month working visa about 4yr's ago. He planned to do the same again but when he investigated this they said he could only have it once and as he has tough!
He then enquired into getting one using his Irish passport, he was told they keep this info on computer and when the details match up, ie: NI number ect they take a closer look.

Seek professional advise, maybe it's changed recently it only costs a phone call to know for sure!
Old Jan 17th 2006, 10:59 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

why don't you look on the dima website - this type of visa is pretty straight forward. This is what I found...

If you intend to apply for a second Working Holiday visa, you will need to provide evidence that you have worked for a minimum of three months as a seasonal worker in regional Australia while on your first Working Holiday visa. Before commencing seasonal work in a regional area, you should obtain a copy of the employment verification form from your nearest DIMIA office, or from the forms section of the DIMIA website

here's the link...

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/visiting_whm.htm