Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Temporary Accomodation in Brisbane area

Temporary Accomodation in Brisbane area

Old Apr 5th 2004, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

jellenger is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Temporary Accomodation in Brisbane area

Me and the wee family are due to move out to East of Brisbane (Cleveland, Wellington Point, Victoria Point area) in October 2004 - does anyone know of any good temporary accomodation (furnished) in that area for us. We would like to rent on a weekly basis if possible

Thnx for any help

j
Old Apr 5th 2004, 9:17 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Temporary Accomodation in Brisbane area

Originally posted by jellenger
Me and the wee family are due to move out to East of Brisbane (Cleveland, Wellington Point, Victoria Point area) in October 2004 - does anyone know of any good temporary accomodation (furnished) in that area for us. We would like to rent on a weekly basis if possible

Thnx for any help

j
http://www.happykoalahomes.com/

dunno if they r in the areas u r lookin for
Old Apr 5th 2004, 9:20 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Also worth checking out :-

http://www.aspleyacres.com.au/
http://www.bribieislandcaravanpark.com.au/
http://www.caravanvillage.com.au/index.html
http://www.mtgloriousgetaways.com.au/

Hope this helps
Old Apr 5th 2004, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point

Thnx for any help

j
We are also looking for furnished accommodation in the
Bayside area for a couple of weeks in July. We have been onto
Happy Koala and they have a house in Capalaba (which is quite
close), but I'm not sure if they have any others.

This might be another option:

http://www.ozstays.com/regions/accom..._brisbane.html

If anyone knows of any where else, please let us know.

Thanks Karen
Old Apr 5th 2004, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by biggy
http://www.happykoalahomes.com/

dunno if they r in the areas u r lookin for
Many thnx for the link - looks great....

j
Old Apr 6th 2004, 4:26 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We stayed in the Happy Koalas house in Capalaba, its about 10 minutes from Wellington point we'd highly recomend it, the house and service are great for new arrivals.
The couple who run it are booking up quickly so if you're interested I'd contact them sooner rather than later.
If you have any questions about the house or service, please feel free to pm me,
Michaela
Old Apr 6th 2004, 7:26 am
Ev'n'John

We can recommend the Cleveland Villas Motel. We stayed there for a couple of weeks when we first arrived - self-contained 2-3 bedroom units very close to central Cleveland; clean and tidy; swimming pool; parakeets in the courtyard etc. and the owners couldn't have been more helpful. They have a website, but I can't find the link at the mo.
Evelyn.

Old Apr 6th 2004, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

mh929 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - you could try this place. Not stayed there, so can't recommend, but its an option.....

http://brisbane.worldtourism.com.au/...TerraceResort/

Regards

M

Thnx for any help

j
Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:01 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Would recommend Happy Koala Homes too. We were the first ones to stay in the house when they bought it. It was perfect - size, location. etc.......

Dawn
Old Apr 6th 2004, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ev'n'John
We can recommend the Cleveland Villas Motel. We stayed there for a couple of weeks when we first arrived - self-contained 2-3 bedroom units very close to central Cleveland; clean and tidy; swimming pool; parakeets in the courtyard etc. and the owners couldn't have been more helpful. They have a website, but I can't find the link at the mo.
Evelyn.
Here is the link for the above.

http://www.cvvmotel.com.au

I have sent them an e-mail to ask how much they cost,
but if you can remember how much you paid could you please
let me know.

Thanks

Karen
Old Apr 9th 2004, 4:28 am
ABCDiamond

Maybe I should stick a caravan in my back garden

If you are coming to this area, and haven't found anything just before you come, email me at the time, and if my local rental property is vacant at that time, I could furnish it pretty quick and let it furnished.

Unfortunately I can't do anything just now, as I have permanent tenants, at least till the agreement expires on July 27th.

Old Apr 26th 2004, 11:55 am
Ev'n'John

Originally posted by karen p
Here is the link for the above.

http://www.cvvmotel.com.au

I have sent them an e-mail to ask how much they cost,
but if you can remember how much you paid could you please
let me know.

Thanks

Karen
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - we have moved house since I last posted!

You are probably sorted by now - but I have now checked back through our UK credit card bill and it looks like we paid the equivalent of £700 for 2 weeks at the CVV Motel. That included a fairly healthy phone/internet bill as I recall. We also arrived in the middle of the Rugby World Cup and all accommodation was being priced at "peak" rates.
I hope this helps. Good luck with sorting out your accommodation.
Evelyn.

Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

readytogo is on a distinguished road

Thnx for any help

j

Cheers for this post, we too are heading to Cleveland, Wellington Point, Victoria Point area, last week of October or first week of nov, so you've saved me posting a similar question, only thing left for us is to sort schools or at least try to find out decent one's for our 11 and 3yr old
Old Apr 26th 2004, 10:53 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by readytogo
Cheers for this post, we too are heading to Cleveland, Wellington Point, Victoria Point area, last week of October or first week of nov, so you've saved me posting a similar question, only thing left for us is to sort schools or at least try to find out decent one's for our 11 and 3yr old
Just thought I'd say hello, as you may soon be in our area

And i've also just sent you a PM.

Old May 1st 2004, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi there, soon-to-be-neighbour - good to hear someone else is about to move to that area! Although we are set to go our end - we are still awaiting the final formalities from the Aussie authorities, which should be in July/August time and we intend to be on our flights by end-Sept (all going well)

We have a 2 and 4 year old so would be looking a slightly different schools than you but would be interested to hear which ones you go for. We got info regarding Victoria Point, Wellington Point and Cleveland High Schools and some primary schools on our last visit and all looked promising - the main difference being that they don't start ' til rising 6 as opposed to rising 5 in the UK. What are you planning for your 3 year old??

Keep us posted with your news and I shall endeavour to do the same

Have you got your flights sorted yet if so, were you brave enough for one-way or did you go for return flights with an open ended return date - we are still undecided....

Finally, let us know what accomodation you go for in the area - we may want to follow your footsteps

and really finally (!!??) are you planning to rent or buy ASAP and have you got some sites ready for renting - we are in contact with a few rental property sites and we can all but sign on the dotted line this end, if we so desire

Good luck with your move

j xx

ps I am still new to this - so bear with me and be gentle....!

Originally posted by readytogo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.