Reload this Page >

Temping agencies - Melbourne

Temping agencies - Melbourne

Old Oct 25th 2006, 6:27 am
Just Joined

hjmarsden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temping agencies - Melbourne

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on temp agencies in Melbourne?

I got here a week ago and am a bit bamboozled by trying to find a house and work at the same time ...

I'm trying to find one that specfialises in media/arts or that kind of field, so I don't end up filing and photocopying!

Cheers,

Helen x
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:28 am
Just Joined

MattnSue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Temping agencies - Melbourne

Originally Posted by hjmarsden
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on temp agencies in Melbourne?

I got here a week ago and am a bit bamboozled by trying to find a house and work at the same time ...

I'm trying to find one that specfialises in media/arts or that kind of field, so I don't end up filing and photocopying!

Cheers,

Helen x
Hi Helen, you could try Sage Recruitment, Artisan Recruitment as a start if you've not done so already - I'm in IT so 'fraid can't be much more help than that.

We'll be arriving in Melbourne at the end Nov and as far as finding a house have you tried www.domain.com.au; they seem to be the biggest. As Sue'll be working at the Alfred and I'll prob be in CBD we're looking at St Kilda, Prahran, Toorak, South Melbourne, etc

Hope this some help. Well done on making a brave move - we're getting the jitters a bit at the mo' but I'm told this is quite normal!

Good luck, stay strong - tough times are for getting through.

Cheers

Matt
Old Oct 25th 2006, 11:35 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers,

Helen x
Hi Helen

Have you tried viewing Seek.com?

http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/ind...archfrom=quick

Matt, don't discount Malvern or Armadale
Old Oct 26th 2006, 5:16 am
Just Joined

Cheers Matt, I'll try those ones you mentioned. I'm sure I'll find something, I think I just hoped naively that a job will just fall into my lap! Now I realised I haven't I'll start to do some serious flogging around with my CV!

The areas you mentioned you're going to be looking for houses in are all pretty nice. One thing we've realised though is check the locations before you decide to go visit them; we're looking in the same areas and wanted something close to the main strip in each place (ie so near the bars, shops etc) but realised that anything more than a block or so away is in the middle of nowhere and maybe not a great place to be wandering round at night!

Hve you got a job yourself? My partner's IT firm over here is recruiting if not ...

Good luck ...

Helen
Originally Posted by MattnSue
Hi Helen, you could try Sage Recruitment, Artisan Recruitment as a start if you've not done so already - I'm in IT so 'fraid can't be much more help than that.

We'll be arriving in Melbourne at the end Nov and as far as finding a house have you tried www.domain.com.au; they seem to be the biggest. As Sue'll be working at the Alfred and I'll prob be in CBD we're looking at St Kilda, Prahran, Toorak, South Melbourne, etc

Hope this some help. Well done on making a brave move - we're getting the jitters a bit at the mo' but I'm told this is quite normal!

Good luck, stay strong - tough times are for getting through.

Cheers

Matt
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:43 am
Just Joined

H&C&H is an unknown quantity at this point

Hve you got a job yourself? My partner's IT firm over here is recruiting if not ...

Good luck ...

Helen
Hi Helen,

My fiance is going to be looking for a job in IT if or when we emigrate - can I ask what company your husband is with? Also, i work in arts administration here in Wales - please keep me updated with what you're looking for - which websites / agencies have jobs in the arts. Thanks! Heather
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:26 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto with Heather, Helen. What company does your husband work for. My OH is desperately seeking a new job in IT.
Also, with the house hunting, have you tried Elwood and Elsternwick? I go out at night on the back streets of Elwood, usually up to the local shop or walk to the train station. Never had a problem. Its a fairly quiet little suburb and very close to the local bars and shops and restaurants.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:46 am
Newbie!

Spikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to allSpikey is a name known to all

Ditto the others - we're emigrating to Melbourne at the end of November and my husband is looking for IT work (he's a Senior Analyst Programmer).

I hope you have some luck with your job and house hunting
Old Oct 27th 2006, 12:23 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers,

Helen x
Used these agencies in 1999/2000 :scared: Check the yellow pages for contact details:

The Waite Group
WellsGray

Good luck!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by H&C&H
Hi Helen,

My fiance is going to be looking for a job in IT if or when we emigrate - can I ask what company your husband is with? Also, i work in arts administration here in Wales - please keep me updated with what you're looking for - which websites / agencies have jobs in the arts. Thanks! Heather
Hi Heather,

My partner works for SMS Management and Technology; the ad is on the Guardian website now.

No joy really at all for arts admin so far, will keep you posted! I think you'd have to apply direct to the institution really ...

Helen x