Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Temp health insurance

Temp health insurance

Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Temp health insurance

Apparently its possible to buy temp health ins for when we arrive in OZ while we're sorting out our medicare. Could someone give me the name of the ins co or policy type so that I can arrange some this week as we'll be arriving on Sunday.

Many thanks

Chris
Old Feb 18th 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temp health insurance

My OH meant to be sayin holiday insurance, which you would carry it on for couple weeks when you arrive to Australia, while you are sorting yourselves out, I've been checking it, on the search but to no avail so hopefully somebody out there can help us.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

brad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Apparently its possible to buy temp health ins for when we arrive in OZ while we're sorting out our medicare. Could someone give me the name of the ins co or policy type so that I can arrange some this week as we'll be arriving on Sunday.

Many thanks

Chris
Try Go Walkabout insurance covers up to 17 days

Brad
Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you Brad, that's the one I was looking for.

Chris
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

annn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: Temp health insurance

Originally Posted by chris and farideh

Many thanks

Chris

Chris, I think i'm right that you have already validated your STNI visa? If so you will already be on the medicare computer and will only need to go to medicare for your number. You really won't need medical insurance in leiu of medicare just for arrival. However of course travel insurance is a different matter as you might need that especially if you have a stop over on route.
Hope that makes sense.

OK just re-read and you did mean travel insurance, just make sure you have your sun cream handy for arrival it's very hot at the moment.

Last edited by annn; Feb 18th 2007 at 11:59 pm. Reason: Oops