Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Telstra - aaaargh!!

Telstra - aaaargh!!

Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telstra - aaaargh!!

Originally Posted by Japonica
Just going through the same thing here. Moved from our rental to our house and we were billed for cabling even though there was no additional work to be done...we watched the installer and he did nothing of the sort.

So, we called about the extra $230 tacked onto our bill (it's amazing how these charges add up, we also got an "internet self connection" fee of $50), and we were told (after they checked with the installer, talked to higher ups etc.) that yes, the $230 charge was a mistake and they would credit us on the next bill.

That was two bills ago. Every month we get a new statement saying we have $230 past due and owing and every month we dutilfy phone Telstra to tell them that this is the same $230 that they agreed was an error three months ago and it keeps going from there.

Apparently when they say, "Yes, I can the problem, I'm entering the changes now," it doesn't actually mean they're hitting any computer keys.

The last guy we spoke with said he's putting an incidence report in for the last employee who served us. I think all of Telstra deserves an incidence report.
Complain to the TIO, three months is too long.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 3:15 am
Just Joined

Linz-n-Graham is a jewel in the roughLinz-n-Graham is a jewel in the roughLinz-n-Graham is a jewel in the roughLinz-n-Graham is a jewel in the roughLinz-n-Graham is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Japonica
Just going through the same thing here. Moved from our rental to our house and we were billed for cabling even though there was no additional work to be done...we watched the installer and he did nothing of the sort.

So, we called about the extra $230 tacked onto our bill (it's amazing how these charges add up, we also got an "internet self connection" fee of $50), and we were told (after they checked with the installer, talked to higher ups etc.) that yes, the $230 charge was a mistake and they would credit us on the next bill.

That was two bills ago. Every month we get a new statement saying we have $230 past due and owing and every month we dutilfy phone Telstra to tell them that this is the same $230 that they agreed was an error three months ago and it keeps going from there.

Apparently when they say, "Yes, I can the problem, I'm entering the changes now," it doesn't actually mean they're hitting any computer keys.

The last guy we spoke with said he's putting an incidence report in for the last employee who served us. I think all of Telstra deserves an incidence report.
Not good at all... the more I read from the responses the more I feel like cancelling. It looks like I might have a get out as I am allowed to cancel ck withwithin 10 business days from actually receiving the paperwork (am I right in thinking business days are classed as Monday to Friday??) which means I still have a couple of days left. I might send it recorded delivery to ensure they can't say they didn't receive it (not that I don't trust Telstra or anything!!lol)

Hope your next statement is free of the $230 mistake, must be VERY frustrating.

Linz.x
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linz-n-Graham
Not good at all... the more I read from the responses the more I feel like cancelling. It looks like I might have a get out as I am allowed to cancel ck withwithin 10 business days from actually receiving the paperwork (am I right in thinking business days are classed as Monday to Friday??) which means I still have a couple of days left. I might send it recorded delivery to ensure they can't say they didn't receive it (not that I don't trust Telstra or anything!!lol)

Hope your next statement is free of the $230 mistake, must be VERY frustrating.

Linz.x
Thanks...good luck to you too...we'll see if they take the $230 off the next bill...
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 5:41 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

A mobile phone and Skype on your smartphone (with a landline number for people to call from overseas if needs be) = the way to go.

Tether your iPhone or equivalent to the PC for internet access.

Or a wireless router with a SIM card for the net connection.

So long as you don't see yourself needing a large data allowance.

Best regards.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:20 am
Just Joined

outbound2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was going to use telstra when we arrive as i had read a few threads saying they were the best....... for service not for cost but you get what you pay for.

In your opinion who is the best for cost and service ?

thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Hellstra and Opless - both as bad as each other....probably the Indians just have two phones on their desks, one for Hellstra and one for Opless.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by outbound2011
I was going to use telstra when we arrive as i had read a few threads saying they were the best....... for service not for cost but you get what you pay for.

thanks
iinet
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:41 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by outbound2011

thanks
Maybe have a look at the Whirlpool forums?

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/

Best regards.