telstra

Old Dec 13th 2009, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond reputeMrs M has a reputation beyond repute
Default telstra

Hi all. I have just began renting in redcliffe and looking to fix up the phone line it would appear we cannot get opus in our area and wondered what exp anyone has had with telstra basically i want wireless internet access at least 12gb and i also need to make frequent calls to Brisbane which i am told cost's $1.00 each call. I have seen Bundles advertised and wondered which may be the best route to go. Is it worth having foxtel? In the u.k. i never had sky just freeview. Any views welcome i would appreciate you experiences. Many thanks M.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 7:31 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: telstra

Originally Posted by Mrs M
Hi all. I have just began renting in redcliffe and looking to fix up the phone line it would appear we cannot get opus in our area and wondered what exp anyone has had with telstra basically i want wireless internet access at least 12gb and i also need to make frequent calls to Brisbane which i am told cost's $1.00 each call. I have seen Bundles advertised and wondered which may be the best route to go. Is it worth having foxtel? In the u.k. i never had sky just freeview. Any views welcome i would appreciate you experiences. Many thanks M.
Can't help you i'm afraid cause I don't know but I think all the big companies get slated to a certain extent, perhaps someone will have the knowledge to tell you if Telstra is worth wasting your money on.
I've heard bad things about all the big firms :$
Best of luck
Old Dec 14th 2009, 1:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

In the 3 1/2 years we've been in Australia we have had nothing but trouble with Telstra. Our latest thing is that we moved into our new house in July 2009. In May 2009 we phoned Telstra to move our phone line and Foxtel. No worries, ma'am. It will all be sorted for when you move in on 21 July. So, about 3 weeks ago my daughter rings me at work from her mobile to say the phone and Foxtel weren't working and could I please call them to see why. Apparently, Telstra kept our phone line and Foxtel at the old address running at the same time as the new house, allowing the new tenants at the old place to use it and sending the bills to the old house. The new tenants didn't open the bills of course because they were not addressed to them but sent them back to Telstra. Because our bills weren't being paid they cut off our phone and Foxtel at the NEW house but not the old address. Then they tried to charge us $100 "connection" fee for them to turn the Foxtel back on and tried to give us a new phone number (again) and another $400 connection fee for a new phone line. The old man told them to get stuffed and he would let the ombudsman sort it out. Not surprisingly a manager called him the next day to say it was now all sorted out and they would "waive" the connection fees this one time.

Telstra; Only one step above WAPOL on my list of agencies which make me furious to the point of wanting to do violence.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 3:55 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
In the 3 1/2 years we've been in Australia we have had nothing but trouble with Telstra. Our latest thing is that we moved into our new house in July 2009. In May 2009 we phoned Telstra to move our phone line and Foxtel. No worries, ma'am. It will all be sorted for when you move in on 21 July. So, about 3 weeks ago my daughter rings me at work from her mobile to say the phone and Foxtel weren't working and could I please call them to see why. Apparently, Telstra kept our phone line and Foxtel at the old address running at the same time as the new house, allowing the new tenants at the old place to use it and sending the bills to the old house. The new tenants didn't open the bills of course because they were not addressed to them but sent them back to Telstra. Because our bills weren't being paid they cut off our phone and Foxtel at the NEW house but not the old address. Then they tried to charge us $100 "connection" fee for them to turn the Foxtel back on and tried to give us a new phone number (again) and another $400 connection fee for a new phone line. The old man told them to get stuffed and he would let the ombudsman sort it out. Not surprisingly a manager called him the next day to say it was now all sorted out and they would "waive" the connection fees this one time.

Telstra; Only one step above WAPOL on my list of agencies which make me furious to the point of wanting to do violence.
Telstra ... nightmare. Don't do it. Months of trouble with them - dreadful customer service, complaints procedure just dire.

Check out iinet, etc. Get a voip phone for your calls to other states.

I recommend this site to you:

http://www.comparebroadband.com.au
Old Dec 14th 2009, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

go to Whirlpool to see which providers are available on your exchange
and what plans are available
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Telstra ... nightmare. Don't do it. Months of trouble with them - dreadful customer service, complaints procedure just dire.

Check out iinet, etc. Get a voip phone for your calls to other states.

I recommend this site to you:

http://www.comparebroadband.com.au
Yeah. We were really happy with iinet but being a new build Telstra has a monopoly on the lines for the first 2 years. We have no choice but to use them for home phone and internet. I've kept my iinet address by paying (I think) $1 per month so I can access it from work with the intent of using it once our 2 years is up with Telstra.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:24 am

Yeah. We were really happy with iinet but being a new build Telstra has a monopoly on the lines for the first 2 years. We have no choice but to use them for home phone and internet. I've kept my iinet address by paying (I think) $1 per month so I can access it from work with the intent of using it once our 2 years is up with Telstra.
Because you have a new build, you can't choose your phone provider???!!!

That's incredible!!!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:39 am
Still alive

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Because you have a new build, you can't choose your phone provider???!!!

That's incredible!!!
Yup. Telstra owns the lines and has a monopoly for the first 2 years. If we had known that it may have been enough to put me off building.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:41 am

Yup. Telstra owns the lines and has a monopoly for the first 2 years. If we had known that it may have been enough to put me off building.
That's very wrong.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 5:41 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Mrs M
Hi all. I have just began renting in redcliffe .... i also need to make frequent calls to Brisbane which i am told cost's $1.00 each call.
I agree

I hope you have been miss-informed. A bit scary if that is the right price. I thought that would be a local call.

Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:00 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

I would avoid Telstra like the plague if that is at all possible!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are with them (not by choice) and they are a night mare.

Poor service..........appauling customer relations ( their attitude is...where else can you go? Oh nowhere TOUGH!!!) we are finding we have to check EVERY bill we receive as each month an odd $5 is added for something we don't subscribe to or haven't had and although I am not tight I don't like being blatantly ripped off!

In the 12 months we have been in this property we have lost service 4 times and the quickest it has been restored was 4 days!!!

I could go on forever but don't want to bore you. TRY EVERYTHING yoy can before going with Telstra it will save you a lot of hassle.

Loz x
Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:05 pm
Still alive

Our latest is that yesterday I got a bill from Telstra for Foxtel - AT MY OLD ADDRESS!!!!!!!! This is a month after they said they had it sorted and a week after I paid our latest all-on-one bill for phone, internet and foxtel at our new house.

As Loz said...Avoid them like the plague!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 11:34 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
I would avoid Telstra like the plague if that is at all possible!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are with them (not by choice) and they are a night mare.

Poor service..........appauling customer relations ( their attitude is...where else can you go? Oh nowhere TOUGH!!!) we are finding we have to check EVERY bill we receive as each month an odd $5 is added for something we don't subscribe to or haven't had and although I am not tight I don't like being blatantly ripped off!

In the 12 months we have been in this property we have lost service 4 times and the quickest it has been restored was 4 days!!!

I could go on forever but don't want to bore you. TRY EVERYTHING yoy can before going with Telstra it will save you a lot of hassle.

Loz x

Telstra = NIGTHMARE
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

When I moved to my new build and was forced to have a Telstra account, people around me treated me like there was a death in the family (hushed whispers of 'I'm so so sorry'). I couldn't believe Telstra could be that bad but they exceeded all expectations of incompetence. We visited the Telstra shop daily to complain, I rang them with an action plan each morning and a follow up call about progress in the afternoon - all for getting a phone line connected. You would have thought it was the very first time they had ever done it. Took around four weeks of intensive effort on a daily basis to get the line working. Godspeed
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:37 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Our latest is that yesterday I got a bill from Telstra for Foxtel - AT MY OLD ADDRESS!!!!!!!! This is a month after they said they had it sorted and a week after I paid our latest all-on-one bill for phone, internet and foxtel at our new house.

As Loz said...Avoid them like the plague!
We tried the all-in-one bill approach after 6 attempts at getting one bill for: landline, my mobile, hubby's mobile and broadband we now get 3 bills instead of 4 so it is getting nearer to our goal!!!

Firstly I tried to do it at a local Telstra shop..............WRONG. Because the landline is in hubby's name as is his mobile they said they could only do my mobile and broadband BUT hubby would have to ring and authorise the broadband one cos its in both our names. Ok we try that and at the same time hubby rings to do the landline and his mobile.....................after 1 hour and 20 minutes on the phone trying to explain what he wanted he gave up.

Next approach... hubby goes into a Telstra shop.............and even though I had authorised the broadband one previously they wouldn't accept that and the process had to be started again

So the broadband thing was left till we both could go into a shop. Off we went and said we would like our 4 bills to be combined into 1..................ah
no problem sign these forms..................duly done. First bill arrives landline and broadband but no mobiles. 2 seperate bills arrive for the mobiles!

Off we go again..............sign more forms .........next bill landline,broadband and hubby's mobile................eureka we are getting there. My mobile bill comes seperate.

Into the shop again.................cancel all previous arrangements and re-sign a small rainforest worth of forms and we are now at the stage we have stuck with before we both lose the will to live

Landline and hubby's mobile come on 1 bill...............broadband bill comes next which is payable the day after the first bill and then my mobile bill comes a couple of days later which is always payable the same day as the broadband bill.......................confused:conf used:

Here we have left it because quite honestly we don't give a f#@* anymore.

Loz x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.