telling mum

Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:23 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default telling mum

how do you tell your mum what you are planning to do ive got to do it tomorrow and dreading it any advice would be appreciated. i think they will say they are made up and its for the best for the kids but when i go i know they will be gutted
any advice will help thanx jan x x x
Old Jul 24th 2005, 10:56 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: telling mum

My old dear seems OK, she's 76, just made sure I stressed that she must come and visit. However, Lynns mum, ha! Pathetic! We'd get a more mature response from my 5 year old. That shitty weather we've had was the big black cloud she's been carrying with her over the weekend. That and the 5kg bag of McCain oven chips she has on her shoulder.
We are both of the same opinion about her though.....TOUGH SH*T!!
Did I forget to mention Lynns sister has more or less lived abroad for the past 6 years, not once has her mummy dripped about that, think it may have something to do with us having two kids and her sister hasn't. Her sister just dumps her moggies on her mother for a few years.
It's your decision, you've gotta stick with it, Australia is only a plane ride away, telephone call, MSN, whatever.
BTW... good luck!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

Originally Posted by robos
how do you tell your mum what you are planning to do ive got to do it tomorrow and dreading it any advice would be appreciated. i think they will say they are made up and its for the best for the kids but when i go i know they will be gutted

Hey don't worry about it, its only a day away. What we done was waited until we were accepted and then told her as we didn't think it was worth upsetting her for nothing incase we were rejected.
When we told her she said it would be the making of us as she was really pleased. We really expected a pantomine from her but strangley not
Good luck
Old Jul 25th 2005, 12:48 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

:scared:
Originally Posted by lovealot

Hey don't worry about it, its only a day away. What we done was waited until we were accepted and then told her as we didn't think it was worth upsetting her for nothing incase we were rejected.
When we told her she said it would be the making of us as she was really pleased. We really expected a pantomine from her but strangley not
Good luck

thanks for that i am on my way to tell now we want to get the house up for sale just incase it takes a while to sell so i have to tell her sooner rather than later. anyway i told all my mates what we are thinking of doing and its just a matter of time before one of them slips up so i would rather it came from me.
thanx again jan x :scared:
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

good luck with telling her and good luck with the house and everything else. Have you been to Oz before and which state do you intend to go
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:17 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Good luck and hope it all goes well. She might surprise you, you never know!!!

Lorraine
Old Jul 25th 2005, 4:04 pm
Margie

Margie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura aboutMargie has a spectacular aura about

Hi
How long until you actually leave?

I told my mum when we sent off the application, so she has had time to get her head around the fact we'd be going.

We told her quietly together and stated we knew it would be hard, but it is a chance in a lifetime.
She has had weepy times, you must expect those. Just reassure her your on the end of the phone tec. My 84 year old mum gets a Dell flat screen computer this week! We're going to give a crash course in e-mail!

Better to be up front and honest.

I'm thinking of you! Hope it goes well! Lets us know.

Margie
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:52 pm
Off to drill downunder

Location: Essex until september then Ocean Shores (near Byron Bay)
JAWS is on a distinguished road

Best of luck hope your mum is more reasonable than my parents. They didn't speak to me for 3 months, then they started picking on my wife saying it was all her fault, so much so that I was convinced they were trying to get me to split up with my wife on the basis we then wouldn't be going.

Anyway I'm off in August and we are on speaking terms again.They accepted it when I'd exchanged contracts on the business and bought the bond.

I think our relationship is changed forever.

On a positive note I'm sure you'll have more luck.Best of luck
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:05 pm
one day rodders !!!

thanx to all of you for you kind words of encouragement. well i did it a nd she was great about it and so was my dad. of course they are upset and said they wish we weren't taking the kids away but they know its the best thing for all of us and they wish us the best of luck. we haven't finished filling the application in yet so they have plenty of time to get used to the idea.
once again a big thanx to you all
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

We have 2 grandmothers who dote on our 5 year old and 3 year old and both were absolutely gutted but also very supportive and fully understood. Neither is happy but accepted that this was important to us.

We explained that this was something that we felt we had to do but also that we didn't think we would be going forever. Given recent bomb attacks in London (where I worked) it made it somewhat easier to justify.

We explained that they could come and stay, that we would get web cams set up and that we would all call weekly. This helped but will never replace what they currently have.

Good luck !
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:18 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by haggis supper
We have 2 grandmothers who dote on our 5 year old and 3 year old and both were absolutely gutted but also very supportive and fully understood. Neither is happy but accepted that this was important to us.

We explained that this was something that we felt we had to do but also that we didn't think we would be going forever. Given recent bomb attacks in London (where I worked) it made it somewhat easier to justify.

We explained that they could come and stay, that we would get web cams set up and that we would all call weekly. This helped but will never replace what they currently have.

Good luck !

thanx good luck to yourselves. by the way when do you go ?
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

I'm due to start work on Aug 29th so hoping to be in Melbourne for the 23rd. Dependent on the visa being approved in time though !
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Hi , Glad to here that you have told her, They do make us worry don't they but unintensionally.
We are of early next year. we have sent off our passports to have our visa's attatched to them as we were accepted inApril. We have our house up for sale and have an offer for the full asking price but our purchaser has first to sell his. We hope to be off early next year as we still have a lot of loose ends to tie up first.We fly over for a month at Xmas but thats just to validate our visa's as our entry date is 7th january but we fly back to the uk on 14 january to finish up. We are going to locate to Perth.
Which state do you intend to settle.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 6:12 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by lovealot

Hi , Glad to here that you have told her, They do make us worry don't they but unintensionally.
We are of early next year. we have sent off our passports to have our visa's attatched to them as we were accepted inApril. We have our house up for sale and have an offer for the full asking price but our purchaser has first to sell his. We hope to be off early next year as we still have a lot of loose ends to tie up first.We fly over for a month at Xmas but thats just to validate our visa's as our entry date is 7th january but we fly back to the uk on 14 january to finish up. We are going to locate to Perth.
Which state do you intend to settle.

good luck haggis supper hope all goes well

parents hey who would have them ?
hope the house sale goes through ok enjoy your month out there in december wish we were in your shoes. why does it take so long to even get started. we are still in the very early stages. when we do get there we cant decide either perth or brisbane. would be grateful if you could let us know what you think of perth when you get settled if you have time.
would like you to keep us posted on how things are going before you go ( if you want )
thanks and good luck jan x
Old Jul 26th 2005, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

sudds is on a distinguished road

hI, just read this and after going through the experience all i can say is just do it soft and slow with a hidden conviction that nomatter what the response is you are still 100% convinced its the right thing to do.
Hope it helps....know its hard ...just do it
Sudds....then have a stiff drink

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.