Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tell your kids not to drive fast..seriously

Tell your kids not to drive fast..seriously

Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:51 am
Badge

Default Tell your kids not to drive fast..seriously

...standing in the dark at 6am at the front of a car with a charged line looking at a dead teenager for an hour is not that great. And then seeing his trapped passenger screaming at you to help him...

it's not worth it. If all kids went to the Motor Vehicle Accidents that CFA volunteers go to, they would wise up quick.

It was on the Thursday night Channel 10 news.

Friday morning - was on the Bert Newton show in the audience - made up for it. Highly recommended.

Badge

Old Jul 30th 2005, 7:19 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tell your kids not to drive fast..seriously

Originally Posted by Badge
...standing in the dark at 6am at the front of a car with a charged line looking at a dead teenager for an hour is not that great. And then seeing his trapped passenger screaming at you to help him...

it's not worth it. If all kids went to the Motor Vehicle Accidents that CFA volunteers go to, they would wise up quick.

Friday morning - was on the Bert Newton show in the audience - made up for it. Highly recommended.

Badge
God that`s not a nice thing to witness - don`t envy you that at all Badge. I don`t drive but reckon I`m gonna have to for Oz this sort thing is what puts me off - some people drive like they need to get there yesterday.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

How strange this thread emerges, after i witnessed a cyclist get wiped out on Thursday a.m.

Woman infront of me on the road hit the cyclist, he bounces onto the roof of the vehicle, slides down the side of it and (thank his lucky stars) he gets up.

Very lucky chap, just a very dead bicycle and a few bruises. Amazing really.

The woman who hit him didn't want to give us her name or address and was more concerned about getting her teenage daughter to school - unreal!!!

Cops asked me to give a statement and the woman has owned up and is facing charges.

Not just the young kids who need extra road rules tuition, methinks....
Old Jul 30th 2005, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge

Badge
Hi Badge
What an awful thing to experience, I hope you are OK. Things like that tend to haunt you so I hope there are guys in the CFA you can turn to.
I'm stumped how there can be such a poor car culture with the youth here, I can hear hooning even now in the distance.
Take care
Hope the missus is doing well
Larissa
Old Jul 30th 2005, 1:51 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
How strange this thread emerges, after i witnessed a cyclist get wiped out on Thursday a.m.

Woman infront of me on the road hit the cyclist, he bounces onto the roof of the vehicle, slides down the side of it and (thank his lucky stars) he gets up.

The woman who hit him didn't want to give us her name or address and was more concerned about getting her teenage daughter to school - unreal!!!

Cops asked me to give a statement and the woman has owned up and is facing charges.

Not just the young kids who need extra road rules tuition, methinks....
I saw a ute hit a cyclist a couple of days ago and drive off! Luckiy the cyclist wasn't hurt!
Old Jul 30th 2005, 2:49 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi Badge
What an awful thing to experience, I hope you are OK. Things like that tend to haunt you so I hope there are guys in the CFA you can turn to.
I'm stumped how there can be such a poor car culture with the youth here, I can hear hooning even now in the distance.
Take care
Hope the missus is doing well
Larissa
What was weird at the time was the thought of what my brother went through in worse situations. The other thing that worried me was what my wife was going to say and ask. The actual situation itself was a bit surreal.

We are having a 'debrief' tomorrow - an euphemism for everyone having a chat and getting it off their chest.

Badge

Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:16 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh

Reminds me of when I was knocked off my push bike by some chap in an estate car driving too close to the kerb a few years ago. I ended up with a dislocated shoulder. ouch. In the whole scheme of things I think I was quite lucky that apart from that and a few cuts & bruises I escaped any very serious injury.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 12:33 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Your scaring me now badge, my lads are only 10 and 11 and they are becoming serious petrol heads already, also they love to cycle, I will make them stick to off road biking now though. Hope you are ok, can do your head in the stuff you see (Im a nurse). Mel