Reload this Page >

Tell me about Tasmania

Tell me about Tasmania

Old Nov 17th 2008, 5:26 am
Just Joined

tryingtobehappy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tell me about Tasmania

Hi

New to this site, me and DH are considering a relocation to Tasmania from Perth, Dh is a plasterer/renderer we have 3 children. Have been in Perth almost 3 years and feel its just not right for us any more.
Have never visited Tas but obviously plan to before we make the descision to move just any general advice on areas etc would be helpful.
Is there much work for tradies there?

Thanks in advance
P.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 8:44 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tell me about Tasmania

Originally Posted by tryingtobehappy
Hi

New to this site, me and DH are considering a relocation to Tasmania from Perth, Dh is a plasterer/renderer we have 3 children. Have been in Perth almost 3 years and feel its just not right for us any more.
Have never visited Tas but obviously plan to before we make the descision to move just any general advice on areas etc would be helpful.
Is there much work for tradies there?

Thanks in advance
P.
Cant help too much with info about Tassie, but it will be one hell of a climate change from Perth, thats for sure !!

Have you looked maybe at Melbourne ? Better weather than Tassie, but still not too hot. Melbourne does have more of a European culture than other Aussie cities.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tell me about Tasmania

The only thing I'd say about Tassie is this... avoid Queenstown/Strahan like the plague!

We went there (Tassie) on holiday a couple of years back and on the way into Queenstown the sign had been graffitiied so it no longer said "Welcome to Queenstown" but said "Welcome to Mordor" instead.

I thought they were joking.

They weren't.

It was the weirdest place and the best thing about it is the road out of it

Launceston & Hobart were nice. Bit colder than NSW and a little bit "slower". My parents are from the Isle of Man which is ridiculously behind the times and they reckoned Hobart was like a less classy version of the Island