Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Telephone Interview Tonight - Wish us Luck please!

Telephone Interview Tonight - Wish us Luck please!

Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Telephone Interview Tonight - Wish us Luck please!

Hi all
Adam has a telephone interview - mark II tonight. They have already taken up a reference. I don't think the role will be ultimately what he wants but it would be nice to have something to go to (esp. as we had to take a low offer on the house). We had budgeted for 6 months without work - so fingers crossed And hopefully they will not try and offer a really crap salary (though I wouldn't be surprised if it was casual initially).
We'll keep you posted.
On a selfish note - I was quite looking forward to have a month or two all together when we arrived in Melbourne
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:55 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Telephone Interview Tonight - Wish us Luck please!

Originally Posted by The Crow
Hi all
Adam has a telephone interview - mark II tonight. They have already taken up a reference. I don't think the role will be ultimately what he wants but it would be nice to have something to go to (esp. as we had to take a low offer on the house). We had budgeted for 6 months without work - so fingers crossed And hopefully they will not try and offer a really crap salary (though I wouldn't be surprised if it was casual initially).
We'll keep you posted.
On a selfish note - I was quite looking forward to have a month or two all together when we arrived in Melbourne

Good Luck! would be great to have a job to come out to.
And this having 2 months off together when you get here isnt all its cracked up to be, I know because I am nearly 2 months into it
Old Dec 19th 2005, 10:57 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
We'll keep you posted.
Good luck it could make a hell of a difference
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Good Luck! would be great to have a job to come out to.
And this having 2 months off together when you get here isnt all its cracked up to be, I know because I am nearly 2 months into it
Ha, you could be right - we will already have spent a month together in Malaysia!
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fraser
Good luck it could make a hell of a difference
Thanks Fraser! It's going to be a bit of a shock for Adam as he's worked in the same company since school
Any luck on your job front?
Old Dec 19th 2005, 11:18 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fraser! It's going to be a bit of a shock for Adam as he's worked in the same company since school
Any luck on your job front?
Nothing yet, just waiting for the exams. Going to start looking for other work again once the holidays are over.
Old Dec 19th 2005, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck
Fingers crossed
Hilary
Old Dec 19th 2005, 2:55 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
We'll keep you posted.

Really wish you luck. Had a recent phone interview myself so know what you're going through.

Fingers crossed.

Ginny
Old Dec 20th 2005, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

The good luck worked and Adam was offered the position Not a great salary, but better than nothing and a good opportunity to get some valuable Aussie work experience. He'll start sometime at the end of Feb - it's going to be strange for him as he's been in the same company here since he left school
Good news for me too - I can be lady of leisure for a while and explore all the beaches etc with the girls
Old Dec 20th 2005, 9:44 am

The good luck worked and Adam was offered the position Not a great salary, but better than nothing and a good opportunity to get some valuable Aussie work experience. He'll start sometime at the end of Feb - it's going to be strange for him as he's been in the same company here since he left school
Good news for me too - I can be lady of leisure for a while and explore all the beaches etc with the girls
Fantastic news Rachel, what's the job if you don't mind me asking.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fraser
Fantastic news Rachel, what's the job if you don't mind me asking.
Thanks Fraser! He's working for a small printing company - doing pre-press work - all the graphics side without the actual designing. Ultimately he'd like to be involved with more design and maybe web design.
Mind you he did think of a complete career change and thought about the police until he saw the salary..... I'm quite happy with him NOT being a copper.
His ideal job would be snowboard instructor in winter and surf instructor in summer
Old Dec 20th 2005, 10:05 am

Thanks Fraser! He's working for a small printing company - doing pre-press work - all the graphics side without the actual designing. Ultimately he'd like to be involved with more design and maybe web design.
Mind you he did think of a complete career change and thought about the police until he saw the salary..... I'm quite happy with him NOT being a copper.
His ideal job would be snowboard instructor in winter and surf instructor in summer
Good job about the police :scared:
Old Dec 20th 2005, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all
We'll keep you posted.
The very best of luck. I had a couple before we left and found them OK. Fingers crossed. It will be great to be earning straight away

Rob
Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

very best of from me too

hugs Lace x
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Great news. Good luck

Wendy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.