British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Telephone Interview Tomorrow!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/telephone-interview-tomorrow-439834/)

StevenChez Apr 4th 2007 9:38 am

Telephone Interview Tomorrow!!!

Well, we've done our research, now we're moving on to the next stage. My husband will call the Sydney office in the morning for a conference call with their MD and the manager who's position he is being concidered for.

The transfer has already been ok'd by the Head Office, it's now a matter of the telephone interview for all parties to be satisfied that my husband is the right candidate for the job.

So tomorrow morning at 8, I'll be holding my breath and praying like crazy. Please be thinking of us and sending good karma our way.

I've got butterflies the size of buzzards:eek: and it's still 21 hours 22 minutes away and even if the interview goes well, we'll still have to wait and see what they offer, christ I'm going to be a wreck soon. :blink: :blink:

Cheryl

woogle Apr 4th 2007 9:44 am

Re: Telephone Interview Tomorrow!!!

Just wanted to wish you good luck:thumbsup: We're from Rochdale & I used to work on The Rock in Bury a few years ago.

WS Apr 4th 2007 9:46 am

Good luck!! :thumbup:

StevenChez Apr 5th 2007 10:54 am

Thanks for the good luck wishes, it worked because the telecall went really well and he's been advised that they will send over an offer and he's to contact the head office to OK the transfer!!!:eek:

Hurdle No. 1 over.

Thanks again.

Cheryl

grahampaula Apr 5th 2007 11:48 am

Good luck I hope it all goes well.

daveandkathh Apr 6th 2007 1:55 pm

Good luck to you, AND good luck to me for next week. I'm having a telephone interview from a company manager in Brissie. in relation to take me on as a refrigeration/airconditioning mechanic. Fingers X for us both, eh??:thumbsup:

DaveandKath

eljustino Apr 6th 2007 5:26 pm

Good luck...see you in Sydney i am from Rochdale were in Sydney you going?

StevenChez Apr 8th 2007 8:06 am

Originally Posted by daveandkathh (Post 4608934)
Good luck to you, AND good luck to me for next week. I'm having a telephone interview from a company manager in Brissie. in relation to take me on as a refrigeration/airconditioning mechanic. Fingers X for us both, eh??:thumbsup:

DaveandKath

Fingers crossed, let us all know how you get on.

Not sure where abouts in Sydney we're headed yet, we'll have to see what the salary package is before we have a better idea of what we can afford.

Cheryl

Jacque Apr 8th 2007 10:42 pm

Well done! Hope it all works out well for you and the wheels start turning really soon for you :)

StevenChez Apr 9th 2007 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Jacque (Post 4616234)
Well done! Hope it all works out well for you and the wheels start turning really soon for you :)

Thanks Jacque,

Will keep in touch so I can pick your brains re property. It looks like the move will be this time next year, which seems like an eternity, but actually gives us plenty of time to redecorate, do the gardens up this year so they'll be in full bloom next spring and before we know it we'll be packing!

Cheryl x

eljustino Apr 9th 2007 11:51 am

Cheryl

You will be surprised how quickly it will come round. It only seems like like yesterday I was submitting the application. I cant wait to go sick of working 60 + hours a week, being on call. I handed in my notice last week, it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders..... so close and next weekend I will be booking my flights :)

Justin