British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Teenagers threaten my 11 year old in the park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/teenagers-threaten-my-11-year-old-park-527925/)

Grayling Apr 9th 2008 6:21 am

Re: Teenagers threaten my 11 year old in the park

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz (Post 6180762)
Gee! and you live in a posh area!

More like UK everyday innit?;)

I don't know anyone that has happened to in the UK:confused:

It never happened to my kids.

G

Nu-Shooz Apr 9th 2008 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 6181234)
I don't know anyone that has happened to in the UK:confused:

It never happened to my kids.

G

Mine neither...just that some folk think things like this would never happen in OZ.

Grayling Apr 9th 2008 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz (Post 6181241)
Mine neither...just that some folk think things like this would never happen in OZ.

If this had happened in the UK people would be queueing up to say it was another good reason to leave the country:rolleyes:

G

Nu-Shooz Apr 9th 2008 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 6181248)
If this had happened in the UK people would be queueing up to say it was another good resson to leave the country:rolleyes:

G

Exactly my point;)

Grayling Apr 9th 2008 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz (Post 6181249)
Exactly my point;)

I thought so:)

G

bcworld Apr 9th 2008 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 6181248)
If this had happened in the UK people would be queueing up to say it was another good reason to leave the country:rolleyes:

G

Surely Australia hasn't 'gone to the dogs' as well?? :rolleyes: Those bloody dogs.

Grayling Apr 9th 2008 6:35 am

Originally Posted by bcworld (Post 6181264)
Those bloody dogs.

....probably the ones brought over by immigrants......woof!

G

Nu-Shooz Apr 9th 2008 6:38 am

Originally Posted by bcworld (Post 6181264)
Surely Australia hasn't 'gone to the dogs' as well?? :rolleyes: Those bloody dogs.

You need to check out the 'dogs' in the whinging Poms magazine thread:rofl:

woof woof!

gillysm Apr 9th 2008 6:38 am

Originally Posted by renth (Post 6180754)
What's the world coming to? a couple of teenagers threatened my 11 year old boy in the park and told him to give them his bike and chased him almost all the way home. :curse:

Looks like it's time to go back to martial arts classes. :thumbup:

Jeez Renth that's horrible. Sounds like the martial arts classes are a good idea. Big hugs to your boy - I'm so grateful nothing like that has happened to mine.

Crayfish Apr 9th 2008 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz (Post 6180762)
Gee! and you live in a posh area!

More like UK everyday innit?;)

Jesus, I'm so disappointed; I thought Australia was perfect and nothing bad ever happened there and that they have perfect weather and you're everyone's "mate" and there are no scallies!!:(

I was planning on moving out there so that all my problems would go away 'cause the UK is going to the dogs and it always rains and you get mugged on every street corner...

Not joking, some people actually think like that

Pinny Apr 9th 2008 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Crayfish (Post 6183738)
Jesus, I'm so disappointed; I thought Australia was perfect and nothing bad ever happened there and that they have perfect weather and you're everyone's "mate" and there are no scallies!!:(

I was planning on moving out there so that all my problems would go away 'cause the UK is going to the dogs and it always rains and you get mugged on every street corner...

Not joking, some people actually think like that

Joking? I just got mugged on the corner of my street by a dog in the rain!!!:rofl:

Bobcat Apr 10th 2008 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by renth (Post 6180754)
What's the world coming to? a couple of teenagers threatened my 11 year old boy in the park and told him to give them his bike and chased him almost all the way home. :curse:

Looks like it's time to go back to martial arts classes. :thumbup:

Our youngest lad (19) got picked on by a group near the GBT at the weekend; we've taught them all to avoid trouble if they can....... but apparently this time it was unavoidable as one of the other lads came in swinging.

Bet he wished he hadn't now as my lad was able to bob and weave; and with one accurate punch he's knocked someone out ....... but broken his hand in the process:eek:

Bit of a worry with all this 'one-punch' controversy? But what do you do ....... aren't we allowed to defend ourselves anymore? Poor bloke can't win a trick ............ he has to have surgery on his hand next week ............ and has copped nothing but flak from his mum on a daily basis ever since.:mad:

I missed out too as he was going to muck in and help me finish off my retaining wall this week.............. 75kg blocks are a bit hard to manouvre on me own.

LeeLee Apr 10th 2008 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Pinny (Post 6183835)
Joking? I just got mugged on the corner of my street by a dog in the rain!!!:rofl:

Now thats comedy!:rofl:

Pinny Apr 10th 2008 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by LeeLee (Post 6189338)
Now thats comedy!:rofl:

Must be my west country upbringing!:rofl:

LeeLee Apr 10th 2008 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Pinny (Post 6189611)
Must be my west country upbringing!:rofl:

True...couldn't have got it from brighton.:rofl: