Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Teenagers moving or living on the gold coast

Teenagers moving or living on the gold coast

Old May 15th 2006, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice
Default Teenagers moving or living on the gold coast

Hi me and my family are moving to the Gold coast in about 10 weeks and I am concerned about my 18yo & 16yo children as they both have a good social life in the UK, is there anybody out there with similar aged children that would like to chat to my two, it would help them alot if they were to make some friends that are there already or moving there soon.

Sean
Old May 15th 2006, 11:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teenagers moving or living on the gold coast

Originally Posted by sean trethewey
Hi me and my family are moving to the Gold coast in about 10 weeks and I am concerned about my 18yo & 16yo children as they both have a good social life in the UK, is there anybody out there with similar aged children that would like to chat to my two, it would help them alot if they were to make some friends that are there already or moving there soon.

Sean
The only ones I can think of around the right age are Paul&Nic's kids. They don't come on here but am sure they MSN so have a word with Paul. Also Soapy has that sort of age girls. My eldest is 13 and there is another 13 year old on here "Irish Aussie Teen"

There is also the Youth Club forum: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93 Don't know who's in there as I'm not a teenager I stay away There are some things I just don't want to know
Old May 16th 2006, 3:10 am
kjc
Just Joined

kjc is an unknown quantity at this point

Sean
I have two teenages that have been here (Gold coast) for just under four years.
A daughter now 18 years and a son whose 19 years.
Please P.M a contact email address,and I'll pass it on.
I have spoken to my son who doesn't mind talking to them.
Regards
Keith
Old May 16th 2006, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
The only ones I can think of around the right age are Paul&Nic's kids. They don't come on here but am sure they MSN so have a word with Paul. Also Soapy has that sort of age girls. My eldest is 13 and there is another 13 year old on here "Irish Aussie Teen"

There is also the Youth Club forum: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93 Don't know who's in there as I'm not a teenager I stay away There are some things I just don't want to know
Hi Moneypen, my two are 12 and almost 14. How are you getting on with the school hunt? I've got my daughters looking at about 50 prospectuses!
Good luck with it! x
Old May 16th 2006, 7:40 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

we have two girls here in pacific pines. one 19 the other 17. both have found it hard to settle.
they both loved sydney and i think they are holding back a bit hoping we will return.
are your kids girls or boys?
send me a pm and ill ask the girls to contact them.
Old May 16th 2006, 8:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Hi Moneypen, my two are 12 and almost 14. How are you getting on with the school hunt? I've got my daughters looking at about 50 prospectuses!
Good luck with it! x
Hunt is well and truely over thank god. One term in they are both happy. Very easy decision to make once we were here. Any questions, give me a shout
Old May 16th 2006, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Hunt is well and truely over thank god. One term in they are both happy. Very easy decision to make once we were here. Any questions, give me a shout
where did you pick? I've just started sending emails to a few schools and am waiting to hear back from them. We are coming over in October :-)O as long as I get my visa granted of course!
Old May 16th 2006, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Thanks for the replys, Soapy & KJC I have sent you both a p,m

Sean
Old May 16th 2006, 9:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by kellyjs
where did you pick? I've just started sending emails to a few schools and am waiting to hear back from them. We are coming over in October :-)O as long as I get my visa granted of course!
Eldest is at Elanora State High and youngest is at Elanora Primary. The High School have a different curriculum structure than any other high school on the Gold Coast, not sure if anyone does it in QLD but it works for them and my daughter is really enjoying it.
Old May 17th 2006, 6:16 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Sean
I have 2 sons and we have been here in Pacific Pines on the gold coast since last Nov. My sons are nearly 16 and 18. They aren`t giving us any trouble but are both finding it a lot different to being in the UK as they both had really great social lives and they don`t here. They talk to their friends on msn messenger all the time and I`m not sure if this is such a good thing as their friends apparently tell them "you`ve given it a go, come back now if you don`t like it" but luckily they both want to get their citizenship.

We`ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Tracey x
Old May 17th 2006, 6:22 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
I have 2 sons and we have been here in Pacific Pines on the gold coast since last Nov. My sons are nearly 16 and 18. They aren`t giving us any trouble but are both finding it a lot different to being in the UK as they both had really great social lives and they don`t here. They talk to their friends on msn messenger all the time and I`m not sure if this is such a good thing as their friends apparently tell them "you`ve given it a go, come back now if you don`t like it" but luckily they both want to get their citizenship.

Tracey x
sounds a bit like our girls.
both loved sydney and are finding it really hard to find their feet here.
its hard as we seem to be working and dont have too much time to point them in the right direction. we try but they think they are old enough to do that.
Old May 17th 2006, 6:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Hilton`s

Tracey x
My girls are obviously younger but my 13 still regularly MSN's her UK friends and when they say stuff like that to her, she tells them she has no idea if or when we will go back to visit - we have come such a long way with her emotionally, it's untrue but she can't see it
Old May 17th 2006, 6:36 am
Master of verbal pish©

My girls are obviously younger but my 13 still regularly MSN's her UK friends and when they say stuff like that to her, she tells them she has no idea if or when we will go back to visit - we have come such a long way with her emotionally, it's untrue but she can't see it
both my girls have left school and thats the big problem M
they really need to make friends and school was perfect for that
Old May 17th 2006, 6:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by soapy
both my girls have left school and thats the big problem M
they really need to make friends and school was perfect for that
Yeah, thank god for school. If we had left the move until after first born had left school, she would never have come with us
Old May 17th 2006, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

Sean

Hey !

Are you stevies dad?Ive been talkin to her on msn and it would be great to meet up with her when she comes!
Shannon x

Soz if im thinking of the wrong person!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.